Sc Project Sc1r Exhaust: Bummer

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by OhCrumOn, Aug 28, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. OhCrumOn

OhCrumOn Well-Known Member

May 2, 2019
    Phila
    Got back from a ride the other day and noticed my SC Project SC1R exhaust had started to burn after only 5k miles with no baffle. Going to write them but I know nothing really can be done to save it & it'll be downhill from here. Huge bummer because I love the look of this exhaust, I didn't put the sticker on cause I didn't want it to burn up and melt to the exhaust.

Just another reason to have that pesky cat removed :mad: Anyone else running a CF Lowboy & run into burning problems? I have a feeling the cat getting super heated just traps and holds too much heat whereas if it were wide open there would be less stored heat. With that said, please recognize that my thoughts on the matter are solely driven by my desire to remove the cat for fireball purposes.

[​IMG]

Exhaust for reference
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. James01

James01 Member

I have an SC Project Lowboy. Their GP muffler in carbon to which I retro fitted a baffle because I couldn't take the noise for more than an hour.
    Since fitting the baffle the can has slightly yellowed all over, I'm guessing due to heat and not because of the lack of UV protection in the resin used to coat it which can sometimes happen.
    I've never seen a hotspot/burn like that. Maybe it's specific to the RS... Hopefully someone with an RS can offer a more definitive answer.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. OhCrumOn

OhCrumOn Well-Known Member

May 2, 2019
    Phila
    This thread is old as hell at this point but wanted to update it. contacted Motovation and they opened an RMA with SC Project to have the can replaced. took about 3 - 4 weeks to get the replacement can but swapped them out and sent the old one back.

while I didn't think to take a photo of the back of the can, there was significant burning on the back side of the CF (tire side).

Ended up leaving the baffle in this time to see if that calms things down a bit. I will say the baffle def. give me some tq I hadn't realized I lost so she feels grunty.

Fingers crossed this new Speed 1200 checks all my boxes; I've got the itch for something new.

• Like Like x 4