Sc Project Exhaust Rattle

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Bartat, Nov 18, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bartat

Bartat New Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Leeds
    Hi I have just fitted a sc project oval low level slip on, on my 2016 speed triple which looks great. However when the bike is on idle or reving there is a slight metal rattling noise from within the exhaust with the baffle fitted or removed the noise is the same.

Does anyone else have this problem or noise and if so is it normal to hear this tinny type metal rattle, not had this exhaust before so might just be how it should sound, please help.

Robert

2. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    I've had a couple of SC Project Conic's, on a 2013 Street Triple and a Yam MT07. Neither rattled. TBH they were some of the best manufactured exhausts I have had, and put to shame (including the unpronounceable one) some others.

Probably a pain, but think you need to take it apart again, and by elimination see which section is causing the rattle, or if something is loose.

3. Bartat

Bartat New Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Leeds
    Cheers listening again I think I could be the inner mess it's not that bad made needs using and bedding in for a while, not had one of these before so it may be normal, I will reassemble and see what happens, cheers robert