Tiger 800 sat nav bracket

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Gazwhitespeed, Feb 21, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gazwhitespeed

Gazwhitespeed Senior Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    Hello,I am shortly picking up a tiger xr 800 and cannot find an above clocks sat nav bracket,i would have thought touratech would have made one by now,might have to make one.

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Have a look here and here
    I think squaredeals have one on their site too.
    Not cheap! If you find something better let me know.

3. Gazwhitespeed

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    that's great thanks crispey,i will get the s w motech one once I have the bike.

4. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    well ive been toying with getting an above clocks mount for my sat nav as i found the handlebar mount too close and too much of a head movement to look at it. After looking at the possibilities none actually said how they fixed behind the clocks and I was reluctant to spend another £50 odd quid so I decided to see if I could use my Ram handle bar mount. I could. I had to cut a bit out of the screen mount bracket and shorten the bolts ( best done with the nuts on so you re thread as you take them off)
    View attachment 14463
    A bit of padding so the clamp tightens up
    View attachment 14464
    taraaa! I'm quite pleased with it, yet to take it out on a test run though. It also protects it from the weather a bit better
    View attachment 14465

5. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Took it for a test run and it works really well! So you can use the standard handlebar mount that comes with the satnav to make an above the clocks one.

6. Gazwhitespeed

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    That's great well thought out that man,as I have all that aswell,i will do that tomorrow and hard wire it also and also have the same sat nav,thanks for the info.

7. Howard Thomas

Howard Thomas Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2019
    South Bucks
    Thanks - I’ll check it out