Featured Sans Triumph!

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by MrOrange, Sep 16, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Took a run over to the East coast today. Was supposed to be with a guy on a Tiger Sport, but it needs a fork seel. So left just a Honda and Aprilia to fly the flag for Japan and Italy.

IMG_20180916_084542.jpg

Stopped at Peebles on the way over. Lovely wee borders town.

IMG_20180916_113821.jpg

And then Kelso for lunch. Miss not going to the BMF shows they used to run, got some right bargains there.

IMG_20180916_130305.jpg

Then eventually made it to Eyemouth.

IMG_20180916_142034.jpg

Mate then got a phone call from his missus to say washing machine broke, so we went home post haste. Still out all day and 265 miles. My arse was numb as feck after that many miles. :eek::p

:cool:

• Like Like x 10
  2. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    There is/was a nice fish and chip shop/restaurant in Eyemouth. Proper traditional fish and chips, fried in beef dripping, not your shitty oil. YUK!!

Just saying!:p

(Sorry, Jez - I'm at it again!!:eek::rolleyes:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Just had a hotdog and a tub of ice-cream. :blush:

4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    That would be the healthy option then!:yum
    A good choice.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Ron, you need to work on your map reading. Peebles was not en route!

6. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Currently running 36.5psi, but been trying different pressure. Still not settled. Book says 41, but loads of guys say run lower, but I don't think it helps any. Was thinking of going back up to 39, and try. I ran 41 when at gmu and she went well enough, but took it up cos of the extra weight.

Made a big difference on the Gixxer, but not really on the Tuono. I know I'm using all the tyre front and back, and it feels planted.

Like the Michelin RS on the front for grip, but PR5 on the rear for the longevity. Works well IMHO. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I know, but changed mind at Moffat and went up the beeftub. Stopped at The Crook Inn and re-routed the sat-nav.