Safer On A Bike Than Walking In The Country?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tigcraft, Mar 26, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Oh shit the bed, I’ve come to the conclusion where all the coronavirus is, it’s safer in my riding gear shopping On my bike than walking in my village as I’m at the edge of the country side which is where it is!! Hundreds of people now walk on my rural walking route, touching all the stiles and farm gates with out any gloves on!! It’s like the bloody M62!!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    That's exactly why people should be staying at home.

Over here the regs are very strict; you need a new attestation for every time you are out of the house and reasons for it. Very short list of acceptable reasons otherwise you get fined. 1st offence 135€; 2 offences within 15 days 1500€ and 4 offences within 30 days 3700€ fine and up to 6 months in prison.

Needless to say it's pretty quiet around here. A lot more telephoning and skyping going on. No end in sight, but apparently we are approaching what is hoped to be the peak of the epidemic.

Really frustrating as I'm wedged up with Trixie gone, but can't go out to look at possible replacements.

Dave

• Like Like x 5
  3. JerryBB

JerryBB Noble Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Wales
    was out walking yesterday and the day before with her indoors, opening and closing all the gates etc with elbows or gloves, thankfully where I live it really is very quiet, even on the coast path and woodland walk we did the other day

cwmtydu 1.jpg

cwmtydu 2.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  4. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Well, just got back from a 10mile hike and nobody (daft enough) to be around!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    BELL END! Hope you smacked him one ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Just hope he doesn't report you mate, you don't want a visit from the isolation police ......

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Nah they are just twat's. Some people loose all sense of sensibility when they get passed a certain age. Of course there are none on this forum that fall in this category :imp:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. JerryBB

JerryBB Noble Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Wales
    peaceful out today, no annoying interfering old busybodies

our walk 26 march 2020.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    In a previous Dutch house we lived in had a couple walk up the path to kitchen window and peer through. Didn’t know them from Adam. I was completely in shock, it was unbelievable. By the time I recovered my senses they were gone.
    They can’t do that with my current house. It would require climbing over significantly high Electric metal gates or trying to gain entry by climbing through bushes and trees.
    The cheek of some people.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Oh nice idea Duck, that would give thieving scrotes the “shock” of their lives. I remember one time arriving back home to find there was an ongoing power cut, the gates wouldn’t open and I was bursting for a pee. In desperation I managed to climb over but then fell jumping down and hurt my ribs. It was worth it though just to sit on that toilet. :yum:cool:
    I now have a special key which disconnects the motor mechanism so if it happens again I’m sorted.

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    I guess I am lucky to live where I live, for the most part if you gotta pee you just stand behind something and pee. No nosey neighbors for the most part and nobody even asked about my 32x44 garage. While the garage was being built my next door neighbor allowed me to park my 36 foot, 20,000 lb caravan on the turf/lawn in his back yard for a month. Offer to pay was refused, but he did take a fifty dollar gift card at a restaurant, and treated another neighbor couple to dinner.

• Like Like x 5
  12. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    The cheek!

13. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Not another fall Nikki ;)

I think there’s a pattern emerging here :kissing_heart:

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    No VStroms were involved though Dave. However put me on a bicycle and I invariably fall off. I’ve got one of those racing bikes with shoes that click into the pedals. I can never unclick the shoes in time and over I go. Happens every time.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  15. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I think stabilisers could be then answer Nikki o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Twats like that should be permanently isolated! :mad::mad:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I went for a walk yesterday evening, first time I have stepped off my property since Tuesday 17th o_O, it felt kind of surreal, there were a few people out walking dogs, families with young kids getting their bit of exercise, and hardly any traffic, weird for 5pm! :eyes:

When you approach anyone there seems to be this 'keep you distance' look, it is unspoken but strictly observed! :eek:

On another subject, I have been working from home, I don't like it, no interaction or banter with my colleagues makes for a very dull, but ultimately safe day. :rolleyes:: unamused::weary_face:

How are other Forum members working from home finding it? (waits for smug comments from the b@stards that have retired! :rolleyes:).

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Well not to disappoint, things are much the same

• Like Like x 1
  19. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I've been working from home for over 8 years now and personally wouldn't have it any different. It doesn't suit everyone but it works for me. Of course, I've lost social contact, apart from the phone, and can't meet anyone or go out on site so it will be different for the foreseeable future. :cool:

• Like Like x 5
  20. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Ah yes that would be me. :cool::joy:

• Funny Funny x 3