Sad News I'm Afraid......................

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by thebiglad, Oct 30, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi all, some of you might remember that I came over to UK in 2016 on my Bonny, to attend the first GMU and my cousin John came on the ride-out on his quad.

Sadly I've just heard from his son that John passed away last week, taking his own life. His mother passed away just before last Christmas. He had been her carer for many years and it obviously hit him very hard.

John was a biker and a thoroughly good bloke and it breaks my heart that he felt so low and alone to do this. I tried many times to get him over to my place in France to give him a good time but alas never came off and now it's too late.

Be happy now John,

Your pal always, Dave

• Love You Love You x 8
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Dave, it really saddens me to hear this
    My thoughts are with you and family

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON

Reading something like that makes one's own issues and problems pale into muuch more realistic proportions.

I am genuinely saddened and feel every possible sympathy for you and for your immediate and extended family.

You're absolutely right to suggest that we should be happy now - you never know the moment.

Sincere condolences and best wishes to you.

Regards,

Adie

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Sad news Dave. My condolences to you and John's loved ones.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    So sad to hear this mate, dealing with the aftermath of suicide makes the grieving process so much harder for the family, my thoughts are with you and yours.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dave.
    It saddens me to hear this news. Even worse to hear that one of our Brothers felt so low. And I know how it is when we lose our Mum. Last New Year I was in a bad place like wise. But my Family and you and you Guys kept me going.
    My deepest condolences to the Family and your self. May God keep you all strong. And My Bro's I know we all get there sometimes. But this is what this Family is all about talk to us we feel you pain and will stand with you.
    God Bless
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Thank you Guys, I've just had to share the news with my sister which wasn't too easy I can tell.

Just drafting an e-mail to John's son Tim, -difficult to find the right words.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dave.
    Its one of the hardest things you will do. But while you sit there feel that Hand on your Shoulder I don't have to tell you who that is mate. And if there one on the other Shoulder well it all of us there with you and we will carry you till you get strong again. Tell you Sister if she need to talk then come on here we will comfort her all night if need be like wise your self.
    God Bless you All
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Sorry to hear you're sad news stay strong and no that he is in a better place watching over you and all his family.
    Tucker

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Sad news indeed Dave, As you say his mam passing left a terrible void in his life, its very easy to get into a routine when only the slightest of things(never mind losing your mother) can change everything for you.
    RIP John, My thoughts go out to his family.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Sad and sobering indeed.

My thoughts goes out to you and any other forum member who has faced this awful situation.

3 out of 4 suicides are men, with over 4300 men taking their life last year, highest amongst those 45 years old and over

if you are struggling to cope, you can call Samaritans free on 116 123 (UK and Ireland), email [email protected], or visit the Samaritans website to find details of the nearest branch

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Tell him of all the GREAT things you can recall of your cousin; of all the good times you shared and all the memories you'll treasure. Tell him that he won't ever be that alone if you've got anything to do with it, and that he should never let his feelings get into such a dark place. Tell him that the darkness your cousin knew wasn't a dead end - it was a tunnel that had light at the end of it that he just couldn't find without some help that you would have loved to have provided. Tell him you care and feel for his loss and you need him to be strong.

And tell him you love him the way your cousin loved his mother.

Tell him just what's in your heart, not your head. That'll be what your cousin would want him to hear.

And good luck.

Adie

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Agree with all previous posts - one of my great friends took his own life. I found myself asking questions that I will never find the answer to. All the best to you and all affected by this loss.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  14. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    So sorry to hear this news Dave. My condolences to you and the family at this awful time.
    XXX

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    If I EVER think of leaving this place, I need to remember all your kind, sincere and thoughtful words and wishes.

You guys are the VERY BEST.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Really sorry to hear your news, I lost my dad earlier this year and know how devastating it is, my heartfelt condolences to you and everyone concerned.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  17. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Tragic news Dave,my thoughts are with you

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Sad news indeed. Suicide always seems so wasteful. I've had two brother-in-laws go that way and me and my first wife asked the first one to commit suicide to come and live with us as we knew he wasn't happy. Sadly, he turned us down. You have my sincere condolencies Dave.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  19. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    So sorry to hear your sad news Dave.

Try and be strong at this tragic time and remember we’re all here by your side.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  20. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Sad news indeed Dave mental illness is the worst problem you can have the brain is so powerful and rules over reason

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  21. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    @thebiglad Yes I remember that day with him on the Quad!! What a sad shame. We’re not long on this earth as it is without ‘cutting corners’. Eric

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  22. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Sad news Dave - really sorry to hear about John. I remember sitting with you two in the Royal Oak discussing the differential he'd designed and fabricated for the quad. Tragic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1