Sad News...7 Rider Lost Here In The U.s.

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Wire-Wheels, Jun 24, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    We lost 7 riders in an accidemt here in th U.S. yesterday. They were.hit head-on by a pickup & trailer. All ride.safe.out.there. ...J.D.

• Agree Agree x 15
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Yeah it’s been reported over here
    Very tragic
    Says they were serving and ex service personnel
    Very sad

• Agree Agree x 9
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Oh my, not seen this story, so sad. RIP guy's and I hope the driver gets what he deserves........

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    My condolences and heart felt thoughts go out to all the Families and friends. And indeed to all our American Brothers as we know any tragic loss like this sends ripples right through or fellowship and Families worry most of all. God bless all and hold them strong in the palm of his hand with tenderness and care till they can get past the difficult parts of rebuilding and saying goodbye till we all meet again
    God Bless You All.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 11
  5. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    What terrible news. Heart goes out to all the families.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Bobbob

Bobbob Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2019
    West Yorkshire
    31402EC1-AA32-4D4E-99F9-2AB17C6C7E7E.jpeg

• WTF WTF x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Hard hitting. But who is that nob Frank potember. I wish I was near to him right now as I would without a doubt break every bone in his body. I would now plead with all the American Brothers to go find him.
    Condolences
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  8. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dozers Dad
    I know its not the time to show anger or say things like I just did. But how in Gods name could anyone be so heartless irrespective of your feeling about bikers. Just think how the Families must feel now without nob head trying to get a rise out of tragedy. I do hope the Families forgive me. And I do send them all the sympathies I can muster.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 10
  9. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Why on earth would someone put a post like that on social media, or even think such a thing? :eek:
    There are some very sick and twisted individuals in this world. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    What a tragedy, as for the post from frank Potember surely that must be fake posted by someone who has it in for him maybe?

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    That’s sad.

But there’s always someone out there who tries to grab the headlines out of a tragedy :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I even feel grief and sadness for the driver of the truck and the owner of the company. What a thing to go through. Everyone loses in these situations. All life is.valuable. All families.suffer. All live with this forever. My condolences to all even remotely connected to this tragic incident. ...J.D.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Timmy Tucker

Timmy Tucker Elite Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Newmarket
    So sorry to hear this it's very sad news.
    Tucker

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    Now it comes out that the driver of the truck has two DUI incidents in the past. My sympathy for him is fading. If you have those kind of problems GET HELP before you kill someone. ...J.D.

• Agree Agree x 8
  15. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    This truly is tragic, what these guys would probably have survived serving their country on foreign soil only to lose their lives in their homeland, my heartfelt condolences go out to all involved.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    So sad.

I'm sure the local MC chapter will 'educate' that Frank

• Like Like x 2
  17. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    The principal of my Junior High School had a quote posted on his wall. It read, It is better to be thought a fool than to open thy mouth and remove all doubt. That comes to mind every time I see something like that Idiot's reply!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    OH YEA: Judge has him on hold because he is a danger to the community because of his driving record. I also read that at the time of the accident he refused a breathalyzer test. He went home and would not answer his phone. I suspect he knew he was in deep trouble and went home to sober up before he got arrested. Cops on the scene should of grabbed his arse before he got away. Lots of stupid and incompetent people contributed to this situation. Why did he still have a drivers license ?, Why was he employed as a commercial driver ? Many questions. Life is a dangerous place these days. ...J.D.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    I worked in New Hampshire in 2002 for the summer at NH Fish & Game at Berlin and even then cops were not to fussed about DUI offences.

• Useful Useful x 1
  21. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    Don't try this in California. Had a co-worker here back in the '80 get nabbed for DUI. After 6months of going to court, doing time on weekends so he could keep his weekday job [he was just a janitor], he told me that SO FAR it had cost him about $10,000 in court and lawyer fees. Hate to think how expensive that would be in this day and age. So called "liberal" California takes a dim view driving while impaired. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 3