S3r Hid Upgrade - Warranty Issues?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by mikesouthby, Nov 16, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mikesouthby

mikesouthby Member

May 16, 2017
    Swindon, WILTS
    I am thinking of pressing the button on a set of H4 35W HIDs for the Speed now the dark nights are upon us.

I see there are a large number of businesses out there selling them so would most likely go for mid-upper range ones (yes, I know they are all made in China regardless) to ensure that I don't end up with anything too cheap and nasty. My question, based on similar experiences in my car, is whether this should cause any issues with the electronics (ECU modules, warnings on the dash etc) and importantly, how would this effect the warranty.

Clearly, the light output would almost certainly be improved but if the warranty would be affected, or people have had bad experiences then I think I will stick with the stock candles which actually, aren't all the bad compared to the OEM lights on my previous bike (BMW S1000R).

2. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Had one on the R1100RT and took it off again as the low beam setup was useless. The placement of the capsule was no-where near the original focal point of the original H4 halogen and light scatter was a big issue, you might have better luck with a LED replacement.

I also found that the reliability of the parts wasn't good either, maybe they didn't like the vibration ?