S3r Custom Build

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Backinblack13, Jun 21, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Backinblack13

Backinblack13 New Member

Jun 21, 2020
    Devon
    Hi all, well this is a first.
    1st forum I’ve ever been in (despite being classed as a millennial, apparently...) and 1st project that isn’t a 50cc 2 stroke!

I’ve been around bikes since, well as long as I can remember. Dad road all sorts when I was younger and took me to races and shows. (Funny how when I said I wanted one he was surprised...)

Life’s a bit of a struggle. Wife was diagnosed 18 months ago with a rare and aggressive cancer. That said it was nearly 18 months ago and we’re still winning! I’ve found comfort in riding for a long time but with a toddler And caring for wifey doesn’t leave much time to
    ride. So, hence the first project.

I have a 2012 Speed Triple R that’s about to become some kind of blend between modern design with vintage styling. The plan is to get it looking like the bikes of my grandfather. Wire wheels, pinstriped paint, custom leather seat, yet still keeping its modern feel with a blend of high performance parts.

So, thanks for letting me in. Let’s see how this works out. Thanks in advance to anyone that lends a hand.

3AA02AA6-37A9-4B57-8C98-FBC7BAFB7F02.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  2. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi Backnblack and welcome to the forum :cool: tough times, so happy you still have each other.
    The project will be good to focus on and you will get one of a kind (might upset some).
    Keep us interested with a build thread, best of luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi mate and welcome

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Steve Hill

Steve Hill Senior Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Somerset
    Welcome to the forum, we all look forward to updates and photos regarding your project!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Welcome in matey! Keep strong, you are obviously doing a great job of caring for the family.
    Cant wait to see the bike transforming, looks great anyway :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Welcome to the forum fella. :grinning:
    Good luck with the transformation of your bike, I look forward to seeing your progress.
    And even more good luck and best wishes to you and your wife, stay strong. :heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Backinblack13

Backinblack13 New Member

Jun 21, 2020
    Devon
    Thanks all for the reply’s. I’ll be sure to upload progress as it unfolds. I’ll have to work out how to navigate the forum properly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Blackinblack13
    Welcome to the family. Great picture and lovely bike. So sorry to hear about your good lady and send her a great bit of Irish Luck to help her along. Bikes are sometimes a great release from the pressures around us. That i know very well as when i lost my wife some years ago with three small kids it was great to get them of to sleep and spend a few hours in my garage tinkering. I used to sit out there with the baby monitor some times all night. Also here in the family you have a great bunch that will support you both all the way.
    God Bless.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Welcome from a fellow newbie

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Backinblack13

Backinblack13 New Member

Jun 21, 2020
    Devon
    Thanks Joe. I’m sorry to hear of your loss. You must be an incredibly strong individual.

My little one was 10 months old when Gem, my wife, was diagnosed. I dreaded bed time but kept busy cleaning and doing little jobs.
    Looking forward to the show season next year and getting out, hopefully with the wife on the back. She hasn’t been out for a long time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Backinblack13

Backinblack13 New Member

Jun 21, 2020
    Devon
    Thanks Joe. I’m sorry to hear of your loss. You must be an incredibly strong individual.

My little one was 10 months old when Gem, my wife, was diagnosed. I dreaded bed time but kept busy cleaning and doing little jobs.
    Looking forward to the show season next year and getting out, hopefully with the wife on the back. She hasn’t been out for a long time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello and welcome to the forum :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Elite Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Wirral England
    Welcome to the forum mate. This place will take your mind off things, and give you loads more to think and laugh about. Stay strong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Hello and welcome to the forum.

98636c6ee64925a19858f8a491d300d2.gif

• Like Like x 2
  15. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Hi and welcome in :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Welcome!!

You'd be surprised just how many herein have been affected, one way or another, by the dreaded 'big C'.:mad: If it's support that you ever want/need there'll be plenty forthcoming:cool:. Good luck to you both.:)

Enjoy your project!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Backinblack
    No not a strong person at all but there are things that we have no control over and life is a real prat at times to some while others walk untouched and less deserving. When Tracy my Now partner and i lost our Little one at four months it took me a long time to get over that and still some time have a cry. The thing that used to upset me is when i was out and about people would rush over and say things like how is your poor wife she must be torn to pieces and in my heart all i could feel is why doesn't someone see i am in pain here as well. But that's enough of my depressing stories. What i really did want to say is when you are ready why not pop on here and get a few peeps together so we could pop along and really make the day for your good lady something special you just choose what the day is to be and i am sure there will be loads of the inmates willing to make it as special as it can be. Big plus Devon is terrific biking country. You think it over and decide. By the way i am an old fool as well but try hard to keep my word to a Brother.
    God Bless you all
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 2
  19. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hi and welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear