675 Rx Luggage Options?!

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Adam G, Dec 5, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Adam G

Adam G Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Halifax, UK
    Evening all,
    I have a street triple RX, going to the TT what would you recommend? I have been looking at the Kreiga US-20 but I might struggle fitting it on?

2. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    Hi Adam

I had an RX till it was stolen.

Struggled to find a rack to fit so I used a rucksack.

It seems the RX did not get the same treatment as the standard bike and its not the same as the Daytona rear so you cannot go that route either.

BTW I still have the rear seat for the RX if you are interested.

Mark

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Adam G

Adam G Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Halifax, UK
    Hi Mark thanks for the reply, I’m going to look into some throw over soft Luggage. Don’t think I’ll fit all my stuff in a back pack
    I’ve got a rear seat too I’ve been warned by a friend to check it’s on or they fall off easy

4. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    Hi Adam

I had Oxford panniers on mine and they caused quite a lot of damage rubbing on the bike.
    I would not advise this route or be very diligent when fitting as to where they touch the bike.

Good luck

Mark

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Adam G

Adam G Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Halifax, UK
    Cheers for the heads up most properly cover most the rear with some masking tape to try protect the soft Matt paint

6. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
  7. Adam G

Adam G Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Halifax, UK
  8. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Kriega is great stuff, expensive but good. US20 and a pair of US10's pack enough for a week away. Had them on my SV650 and GSXR750 and my Tuono. Will fit anything.

I use either duct tape or even better is sticky backed vinyl, the stuff sign writers use, or to wrap cars. Masking tape will not last after first rain, and sticky is a fecker to get off after its been wet.

SWMototech stuff good too, again not cheap. Pal had a sissy bar thing on his Leak Z900, that worked well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    I have always used kriega luggage on all my trips. Great kit... Never let me down.

Only thing to be aware is I used a rubber non scratch mesh on any part of the paintwork where the kriega straps comes in contact

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I use neoprene (old wetsuit) and double sided tape to protect any bits the straps might possibly contact.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Adam G

Adam G Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Halifax, UK
    I’m swaying towards the Kreiga gear just hope if I cannot get it to fit I’ll be able to get a refund

12. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    I use sportsbikeshop.co.uk for most of my gear. You shouldn't have any problems getting a refund and I believe they cover the return postage too. Check the website to confirm please

13. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

As long as you have a pillion seat, you'll get a Kriega pack on.
    I also use a bungee spider to further secure mine, but standard fittings are fine.

• Like Like x 1