Running In And Changing The Exhaust

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Troy92, Dec 2, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Troy92

Troy92 Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Leicester
    Morning guys currently running in my 2017 r and about to snap up some of these deals triumph have on the arrow cans. If i change the exhausts now will i need to go and get them remapped for the running in period.
    Or would it be fine to leave for 400 miles and get it all done at once with the first service? tia

• Like Like x 1
  2. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Hello and welcome to the forum Troy,

98636c6ee64925a19858f8a491d300d2.gif

tenor.gif

3. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Well you don’t have to fit new cans straight away but in practice you will do no harm and simply not derive any benefit from reduced back pressure until re-mapped.
    Since you are still running in and somewhat rev limited what’s the hurry? Maybe fit them the night before that first service?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello Troy and welcome to the forum :)

Why don’t you ask your dealer :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. MattP

MattP Active Member

Feb 27, 2018
    Leeds
    Wait for the first service, they might do it for free if you ask nicely!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Richard Neale

Richard Neale Active Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Northwich
    Hi Troy and welcome. If you are running in carefully you won't be maxing out the engine anyway so very unlikely to over heat anything ? So fit them when you are ready and get that free remap at the 1st service .

7. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Welcome aboard Troy. You say you're running in a 2017 R. How long since registered mate? To maintain the warranty you really should get the first service at 500 miles or one month, whichever comes first. You can let the month slide a few weeks, but shouldn't let it slide too long.

8. Troy92

Troy92 Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Leicester
    It’s on a 67 plate. Thanks for the reply’s I’ll just hide them when they arrive and wait for the first service to be done