765 Rs Switchgear Issue France New Bike

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by zim916, Jun 4, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. zim916

zim916 New Member

Apr 14, 2018
    France
    Hi all,

got my RS a week ago, new from triumph dealer, few extra bits and a 5yr warranty.
    was very happy with it till this afternoon.
    Turned ignition on, started the bike and hello xmas tree !!
    indicators on, left then right then left so on and so on, with the lights going between the 3 options, dim, bright and day riding .
    impossible to stop any of them with the switchgear, lasted for about 45 seconds .
    Tried to get to my phone to take a video, but i was too slow.
    did it once more for about 5 seconds, then it didn't happen all the way home.
    it was raining this morning on the way to work, had no problems though. bike was parked under a hanger at work.
    400 kms on the clock,

Asked the dealer if they had any info from Triumph on the matter for europe when i picked up the bike ( i had seen the recall for the usa and india on the net) he said no but they had already changed a few recently.
    Dealer is closed today, will call tomorrow morning. Unfortunately they are 110kms away and i need the bike to get to work .
    This is a right pain in the rear for a bloody new bike.
    hope they sort this quickly .
    thanks for reading, listening to me rant .
    take care
    Rob. :)

2. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Sorry to hear this Rob, not what you want with a new bike, not had any issue like this, hope you get is sorted soon.

3. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    It's a known problem.
    The local dealers 765 RS demo had this problem when we went on a rideout to the factory and it was pissing down.
    As he was leading, it confused a few people.....

4. zim916

zim916 New Member

Apr 14, 2018
    France
    Hi All,
    Triumph france has also now issued the recall 18/06. dealer said rougly 1500 bikes . my part is on order. they'll call when it arrives .
    very sunny at the moment so alls good .
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. zim916

zim916 New Member

Apr 14, 2018
    France
    Recieved re-call letter from triumph. informs me to get to dealer asap !
    states new engine map has to be installed too .
    :)