Rs Quickshifter Worth It?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Cupracing, Aug 12, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Cupracing

Cupracing Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Berkshire
    Hi, I will be trading my 2016 S in for an RS in a weeks time. I didn’t have the quickshifter on my S and not once did I think i needed one. I also have a 2014 Daytona 675r and the quickshifter on that is brilliant and really adds to experience and couldn’t live without it on that bike. So I was just wondering if it’s worth paying to have the quickshifter installed on the RS?

2. Bg357

Bg357 Active Member

Apr 30, 2018
    UK
    Yes yes and yes, great bit of kit

3. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Need it? No
    But it's a fun toy :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bg357

Bg357 Active Member

Apr 30, 2018
    UK
    I did the first 500 miles without it then had it fitted at the service. It works very well very smooth, you don't have to be at full throttle to use it, it's super smooth clicking up as long as its under load, ie throttle open even at 4000 revs! Changing downs brilliant once you unlearn what you have done for years. Simple, shut the the throttle change down smooth and quick even mid corner lean. Great fun yes, needed no, but it makes the bike an absolute joy to ride. I wouldn't want it not there now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    You don't need us to justify spending on one you know you want it:) have what you want:cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cupracing

Cupracing Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Berkshire
    Just checked the insurance and the price triples by adding the quickshifter. Guess that’s decision made

7. Andybow

Andybow Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Uk Exeter
    I wouldn’t even tell the insurance regarding a qs , play dumb and say it was on it when you brought it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Andybow

Andybow Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Uk Exeter
    Also regarding insurance, Bemoto are brilliant, used them for a few years now, great service and you can speak to someone immediately who knows about bikes as they all own bikes.
    I’ve got a mt10 at the mo which I’ve done loads too. Everything is insured without any premiums going up

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Ghriogair

Ghriogair Member

Jul 8, 2018
    Edinburgh
    Get a QS? More Toys = More Fun

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Triple Lover

Triple Lover New Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Devon
    I got my insurance through Triumphs own insurance about 3months ago and the auto shifter made zero difference to the price, I specifically made a point of telling them that this was being fitted as a option as I had read on this forum that insurance companies were taking the *iss.

• Like Like x 1