Rs Handlebar Change

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Colin W, Oct 3, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Colin W

Colin W New Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Bolton
    I just tried to change my standard handlebars for renthal fatbar KTM high bend . What a palaver dismantling switchgear ! . The standard bars have holes in to locate switchgear , holes in for throttle assembly and threaded holes to hold left grip , oh and a hole presumably for the heated grips cabling to go through ! .
    Anyway after stripping down and placing switches etc to mark holes , i get to the right hand bar and there isnt enough room for everything . Doh !!!!
    The shape of the bars was perfect for me with less sweep than standard and a bit higher .
    I have asked retailer if i can swap bars for a different set , so we'll see . It will be a job for winter now though .

So to sum up , if you want to change your bars , it aint easy .
    New tyres tomorrow , hopefully will go smoothly .

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Colin W

Colin W New Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Bolton
    Just returned the old bars ( renthal 826-01 ) . New bars ( renthal 827-01 ) should be here soon . The only possible problem with the new bars is the clamping area is going to be close . I will let everyone know if they will fit the bike when i get them .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Colin W

Colin W New Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Bolton
    Ok , for information only at this stage , the new bars fit really well . I am waiting for a bar drilling jig to arrive so that i can do the install over winter . If i remember i will take photos to show the difference .

• Like Like x 1
  4. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    Hi Colin,
    I'm looking at changing the handlebars as well.
    Did you get it all to fit properly at the end?
    Was the holes that you need pre-drilled or did you have to do it yourself?

5. Davylfc

Davylfc New Member

Jun 3, 2020
    Liverpool
    Colin how did you get on? I’ve just ordered rizoma fat bars to fit on my 2018 RS how many holes did you drill, did you tap any.
    I’ve just taken the left grip off and thinking this won’t be a straight swop any advice greatly appreciated.
    Cheers Davy

• Like Like x 1