Royal Enfield ???

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by phantom, Mar 16, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. phantom

phantom Member

Jul 17, 2016
    n.e. lincs
    #1 phantom, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    Hi all,
    OK so its not a Triumph but its good for pottering around Lincolnshires country lanes, it got me back to two wheels after 25yr lay off,usual reasons, women/ families.
    Wife says its got to go now I have my Bonny, plus a 1960 3TA, threes one too many, her words.
    Its an Electra X 2008, has 7600 miles on clock, new Roadrider tyres, MOT till October 2017.
    Many stainless parts, plus all parts I have removed ie. seat / silencer etc.It has been reliable, taken me down to London and back via A / B roads, it wouldnt like motorway speeds.
    So if you fancy life in the slow lane I am asking £ 2400 ono
    [email protected]

enfield.JPG

2. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    It seems that 2008 was when the efi version was introduced. Phantom's bike looks like a carb'd version.:cool: The efi engine is (apparently) a unit construction version which has a large cylinder head and the engine seems to taper down towards the crankcases.

Ghugga, chugga, chugga, chugga, etc!:D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  3. phantom

phantom Member

Jul 17, 2016
    n.e. lincs
    Hi DD,
    No its a CV carb. electronic ignition, its the interim engine between classic iron head and the EFI model, first attempt at emissions control, reffered to as the Leanburn model, as name suggests it is designed to run weak, get 80+ mpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. milligan

milligan Member

May 24, 2017
    n.e. lincs
    enfield now sold