Rossi Broken Leg

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Dougie D, Sep 2, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Rossi has broken his leg during motocross training so he will miss the San marino GP next week,hopefully it's not too bad and he will be back for Aragon,you would think with so much at stake the bosses would crack down on them playing on their motocross bikes

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

You think yamaha could stop him?. Nae chance. Rossi just loves riding bikes, not like he needs the money or the trophies. He's just out there enjoying bikes, wether flat tracks, motoX or MOTOGP.
    Also what they do for training to keep them bike sharp and physically fit. Riding motoX is exhausting, after 10 minutes on an indoor electric KTM and I was knackered!!!
    If teams tried, doubt any of them would get the big names signed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    I read he would need an external frame fitted. So it sounds like a serious break. That's this years championship blown.

4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Bugger the grid will be so much poorer with him not on it. He may not be winning races but he is just awesome to watch. Let's hope he is back in quick time.
    Wessa

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Oh well my money is on Marquez then, to be fair it always was this season. Vale was never going to win it. I always liked Dovi but not a fan of Ducati after they ruined World Superbikes, thank God Honda and Colin Edwards stopped the rot for a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    it was always going to be tough for Rossi and unless Marquez,Vinales,Dovi and Pedrosa all had bad luck,he was never going to win the championship,he will be back for sure as he would love to beat Agostinis record of wins (possible if he stays on for another 2/3 years) and of course a 10th championship.it's going to be a fantastic end to the season, Marquez although he had a DNF last time out and is now 2nd in the championship still looks favourite, but any of the top 4 could win it ..can't wait for the final races:)

7. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Bloomin marvellous, I was proper looking forward to seeing him at Aragon, looks unlikely now but I wish him well for a quick recovery. The championship was always gonna be a slim hope for him, they just haven't got the bike right to allow him to save the tyre and fight at the end it seems.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    I'm glad I went to Silverstone last week.

9. Gazwhitespeed

Gazwhitespeed Senior Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    Sprintdave,exactly the reason I don't want ducati to win anything,plus world supers is an Italian championship,wonder if Honda would be allowed to run 1200cc bikes against the 1000's,been going to bsb since it started and the 1200's are spoiling it for me there too,as for rossi,i'm not a fan of anybody who feels they have to intimidate their opponents and teammates with mindgames so they can win,i hope he never wins another championship,marquez will have won more championships than rossi anyway before he is 30.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Everybody to their own opinion, for me Rossi has done more for motorcycle racing than most. He is good both on and off the bike.
    Wessa

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. horned one

horned one Member

Jul 29, 2016
    rhondda
    So glad he waited til after Silverstone, love him or loathe him, he certainly creates an atmosphere and I'm glad I was there to see him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1