Rossi Back in form

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by MetalliKarl, May 20, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MetalliKarl

MetalliKarl Active Member

Mar 15, 2015
    UK, Germany and Touring
    Yes I am a big Rossi fan and enjoying the season so far , with so many fantastic riders in this one it proves as although not needed the natural skill he has, would be also rooting for Crutchlow and smith.Really riding at this level is a testament to all as i probably wouldnt get it out of 1st gear before i fell off.

2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I would fall off before I got into 1st gear.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MetalliKarl

Mar 15, 2015
    UK, Germany and Touring
    Very sad about Simoncelli and Rossi must have taken a deep breath over that incident. Stoner to me seemed to have lost his nerve, although a great rider not a natural and did hid missis ever smile?, Dovi will be an Eddie Irvine if he's not careful. Think i would like to see Max Biagi back and Seti Gibernau even tho he was a moaner.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Great to see the Doctor back to his (almost) best. Have to admit I thought he had lost it after the accident with Simmoncelli and the Ducati experience and am so glad he proved me wrong,just wish he could sort out qualifying. It looks to be a very interesting season, certainly not boring. Would love Rossi to win title number 10 but Jorge looks so good right now.

Max and Sete could not live with the young guns out there, Rossi at the very top of his game can do it but he was always streets ahead of both of them

• Like Like x 1
  5. sprintdave

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Marquez will come back,of that I am sure but Honda have to sort their bike out fast. Why havent they gone back to last years bike till they can fix it,that was a proven package??

• Like Like x 1
  6. MetalliKarl

Mar 15, 2015
    UK, Germany and Touring
    I think Jorge is an amazing rider however Rossi is so good at working the head on him and when you have that 46 up your pipe it is a test of nerve. I see a new fire in Rossi this season and I for one will be willing him along .

• Like Like x 1
  7. MetalliKarl

Mar 15, 2015
    UK, Germany and Touring
    Due to Testing laws they can only test at races with the new bike . I mean hell in a straight line that bike is quick and Rossi stuck with the Yam and developed it . there is so much tallent in GP it really is the best.

8. sprintdave

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Rossi has always been good at development and feedback. I just wonder what he could have done on the ducati as it is now. I know they can only test at certain tracks with a new machine but I find it hard to see why they cannot go back to last years bike, that was a proven package. Sometimes more is too much.
    Have to agree, the talent level is probably the highest it has ever been and I am so pleased to see the Doctor is well into the mix.

• Like Like x 1
  9. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I'm also a big Valentino fan, not just because he is probably the most talented GP rider ever but also because he seems like a really fun guy.

Not only the stunts he and his team perform at the end of his races, but also when interviewed he comes across as a likeable and 'proper' biker, not just a corporate clone racer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MetalliKarl

Mar 15, 2015
    UK, Germany and Touring
    I remember a piece in a magazine, a rider was touring Italy and stopped for fuel the guy in a plain white van in front was Vali himself, they chatted with him and he was helping a friend move house cool. Does seem like a nice guy and why shouldn't he be I have met so many famous people who are complete C***s.
    A good friend will help you move a sofa a great friend will help you move a body...just sayin

• Like Like x 2
  11. MetalliKarl

Mar 15, 2015
    UK, Germany and Touring
    Catalunya Tomorrow Come on Rossi , 7th on grid for tomorrows race he can still do it and is 6 points ahead of Jorge at moment ...

12. MetalliKarl

Mar 15, 2015
    UK, Germany and Touring
    Great race at Catalunya rossi did well from 7th however he needs to get qualifying right again as Jorge is on form again and at this rate if Rossi doesn't nail it in qualifying he will not Have it so easy .

13. sprintdave

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Now THAT was Rossi on form. Excellent result,almost perfect performance. GO 46

• Like Like x 1
  14. MetalliKarl

Mar 15, 2015
    UK, Germany and Touring
    There was an hour program about Rossi other day on tv i forget sometimes just how young he is.. a true geniuos go indeed 46