Sprint Rogue pipe where does it go!?

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by cosworth89, Jul 5, 2016.

1. cosworth89

cosworth89 New Member

Jun 26, 2016
    somerset
    Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me where this pipe goes? I've looked everywhere online for a diagram of the pipework but can't seem to find one I've got a Haynes for the bike and no luck. The bike is a 99' sprint st 955i thank you in advance P_20160704_193101.jpg

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    hi I think that is to the expansion tank behind the rear side panel. will check tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cosworth89

cosworth89 New Member

Jun 26, 2016
    somerset
    The tube is bent as though it goes into engine somewhere has oil traces in the pipe as Well :/ and it isnt long enough to go to expansion....

4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Could it be a crankcase breather? Should go to the airbox if it is.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Agreed, the size and shape to me says crank case breather pipe that locates to the bottom of the air box.
    Especially as there is trace of oil in it. May be worth totally removing it and cleaning it through first before refitting ifthe oil/gunge is excessive.

Having said that, it locates to the side of the engine, are you sure this isn't a coolant pipe as it almost looks like it goes to the cooland pump :/
    Check everything, radiator pipes are all correct.
    Have you been working on the bike, if so what did you do, does it run okay,

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    had a look, it goes under tank I think these guys are on the right track
    you need to remove tank, I think, of so be careful of the fuel hose connector and replace the o-rings on rebuild.do not leave tank off, as if it has fuel in it it will expand.

• Like Like x 1
  7. cosworth89

cosworth89 New Member

Jun 26, 2016
    somerset
    Doh I was hoping I'd get away without removing the tank lol never done it before... is there anyway of stopping fuel from pouring out the pipes or is it just a case of blocking the hoses off? Might as Well change sparks while I'm under there. Thanks guys

8. cosworth89

cosworth89 New Member

Jun 26, 2016
    somerset
    Haven't been working on the bike as such its not water hose as it still runs with it off I just noticed it was freely hanging there lol

9. Red Thunder

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Okay, good good
    Then as suggested, lift the tank and take a look for aroundthe bottom ofthe air box for a hole it would fit on.
    The fuel line for the tank (if like my 2010 Speedie) unclip and seal itself so no leakage..maybe just a little drip so have a cloth handy...and dont do this with the engine or exhausts hot :)
    uses some pliers to secure the hose clip in place

When I collected my bike, it had all the pipes to the airbox and tank disconnected!
    Case breather, tank overflow and tank breather pipes

• Like Like x 1
  10. cosworth89

cosworth89 New Member

Jun 26, 2016
    somerset
    Found it managed to do it by just moving the tank it goes to the airbox a few pipes have split/perished on other side so need to replace them mainly from the fuel valve thing that I believe again goes to the Airbox atm its not connected to anything lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. Red Thunder

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    On my Speedie, there are two black pipes from the tank, both are not connected to anything as they are there for venting and lead to the bottom of the bike in front of the rear wheel.
    One is an air pipe to replace the fuel as it is used so there is no vacume in the tank and has a one way valve about two inches from the tank connection, the other is a fuel overflow pipe for draining excess fuel when you fill it, this does not have a valve.
    I hope this helps

• Like Like x 1
  12. cosworth89

cosworth89 New Member

Jun 26, 2016
    somerset
    Hi thanks for the info I took pic of the valve regulator thing there looks to be a pipe missing from a nipple on the tank as well lol I dunno P_20160705_152645.jpg