Roadster Screen Lower Brackets

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Juliet R, Nov 15, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Juliet R

Juliet R Member

Nov 15, 2018
    London
    I am trying to find the right hand and left hand lower mounting brackets for the Roadster Screen for a Triumph America. It is out of production now. My screen is in top notch condition apart from these! Any thoughts/ideas/help much appreciated! Parts A9733490/A9733489

2. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    #2 Big Sandy, Nov 16, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    I was looking at the pictures in your intro thread. Are those two parts the only bits that hold the screen in place?

Its obviously a stress fracture that's the problem. Is it stainless steel? Or chromed mild steel?

Again, looking at the pics they really shouldn't be too difficult to make, especially if you take/use the originals as a pattern. A decent mechanic should be able to make them up, and I think if it were me, I would be tempted to have a go myself (but then, I have a lot of metal working tools).

Hope you gets it sorted!

EDIT to add, it might be a good idea to post your photos here too. :)

3. Juliet R

Juliet R Member

Nov 15, 2018
    London
    Thank you! Looks like I’ve had a set made by Ron in the States! I’ll see how they go.
    Yes, there is also an upper mounting kit to hold the screen but that is ok!
    Unfortunately no metal working tools in my kit...yet!

07DDDCE2-55BD-4C60-87FC-6310507EBC94.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Aha, I see the other fixings now.

That's neat that Ron in the States is getting you sorted, good man :)

I wonder what the best way to stop the stress on the part is? Maybe fibre washers on each fitting, to allow a smidgen of movement? In any case, tightening everything back up a bit at a time when refitting will likely help, so nothing gets pulled out of shape.

Wonder how many others have broken the same way?

5. Juliet R

Juliet R Member

Nov 15, 2018
    London
    Cheers, I’ll look into the washers. Looking at one of the upper fittings now it seems a little loose and the incredibly potholed road I have to go up wouldn’t have helped. I’ll take care in tightening it when I refit it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    if they are the brackets I think they are, they cost 24.80 each in W.O.T. site, if they have them of course, good job youre getting some made instead

7. Juliet R

Juliet R Member

Nov 15, 2018
    London
    Thanks! I ordered them from their website at approx £10 each and they emailed back to say they had non left! Continued to do this from 6 or 7 websites all over the world. Same story! Someone suggested a forum so here I am

8. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    I would either use rubber washers or a peice of rubber sheet cut to shape ( about 3mm thick ) and fit inside and outside the screen on the mounting bolts and use nylon locking nuts ( nyloc ) to fasten the screen back in place, nip up the nuts so the screen is clamped but the rubber is only lightly compressed.

Try to make sure nothing hard / metal comes into contact with the screen itself, if you use additional washers for support, use penny washers ( large diameter about the size of the old penny ).

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Juliet R

Juliet R Member

Nov 15, 2018
    London
    Ok, thank you!!

• Like Like x 2