Featured Road Trip

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by Bucky, Jul 16, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bucky

Bucky Senior Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Good road trip today, up the A82 past Loch Lomond then up through Glencoe, stunning place.

20220716_132833.jpg

20220716_120212.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. MoreT

MoreT Senior Member

Jun 12, 2022
    Hampshire
    Nice photos of a lovely scene.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Love Glencoe, I'll be riding through it tommorow morning

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MoreT

MoreT Senior Member

Jun 12, 2022
    Hampshire
    I have a distant memory of stopping to watch a piper at Glencoe. I think I was heading down to Lochgilphead. As one should always drop a penny for a musician playing, especially a piper. I stopped and walked to him, coins in hand when I spied below us in the valley an RAF Buccaneer bum up. I'm not sure if in its passing it ruffled the piper's kilt but it seemed to be old hat for him, and he played on.

This would have been just before Gulf 1, so maybe it was in prep for that. I was staying in the same hotel as Sir John Gielgud, Nigel Havers and the red haired chap from Willow (Gavin O'Herlihy). They were filming something but I can't find what. One of my cats from home had left a little gift for me when I unpacked and dressed for dinner. a headless mouse in the toe of my right cowboy boot. The waitress asked me if I was famous. I said no.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Lovely photo of Buachaille Etive Mòr in the background, I have been lucky to have climbed a few winter routs including a long day on curved ridge and crowberry gulley the following day. Scotland comes close to the Alps for me, such a fantastic place to be, great pictures.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1