Road Or Sport Dyno Graph

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by BladeRR8, Oct 1, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Member

Aug 24, 2019
    South Sandwich Islands
    Anyone had a dyno run on their bike to show the difference between road and sport engine maps?

2. RSReggie

RSReggie Active Member

Apr 9, 2019
    North West UK
    I don't think they will be any different as the power is the same, its more the speed of throttle response that changes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Member

Aug 24, 2019
    South Sandwich Islands
    Is the power definitely the same. I keep hearing it is but cant find a definitive answer anywhere.

4. RSReggie

RSReggie Active Member

Apr 9, 2019
    North West UK
    I believe power is the same except in RAIN mode. Its just the mapping for throttle response, TC etc. which would change between normal modes.
    When I had mine dyno'd there wass no mention of which mode.
    IF you are having the bike remapped with PCV etc. then I guess it may matter which mode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Member

Aug 24, 2019
    South Sandwich Islands
    Thanks for the reply and yes I believe the same as you but the cynic in me cant find a definitive answer written down anywhere.

Theres a lot of speculation which is most probably correct but strange Triumph dont specify it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    I thought, or read somewhere, that power was the same in ALL modes including rain but the levels of mapping were in different combinations for abs, TC, throttle response etc.

My Street RS in the wet seems no slower and more importantly doesn't have the "yard of slack in the throttle cable" sensation like the Aprillia Shiver had that I tried a few years ago.

7. RSReggie

RSReggie Active Member

Apr 9, 2019
    North West UK
    One way to find out ! Get down to you local dyno shop !

8. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Member

Aug 24, 2019
    South Sandwich Islands
    I was hoping some one had beat me to that:yum

9. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    JCT33 at Galgate knows his way around a dyno very well (Y)

10. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Rain mode cuts power to 100hp with throttle mapping the least aggressive. All the other modes have the full 148hp with slightly more aggressive throttle mapping as you go from road to sport. Any dyno runs I’ve watched are full throttle runs, so it shouldn’t matter if you are in road or sport mode.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Ah so this might be a real world difference between the speed and street set ups then!

12. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    When I test rode the Street RS l played around with the modes but didn’t notice much difference. Never put it in rain mode though. With the Street having less hp than the Speed, it might not reduce the power in rain mode. I don’t think it matters anyway, as we shouldn’t be riding like a knob in the rain.

• Agree Agree x 2