Featured Riding Solo

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Frecklechops, Aug 27, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Frecklechops

Frecklechops Noble Member

Jul 8, 2019
    Scotland
    Lovely warm, sunny evening. A rarity in Scotland. Went for a wee ride by myself up to St Andrews and back down the East Fife coast. I forgot how much I enjoy going out by myself, can go at my own pace and take any roads I like :blush:

Anyone else prefer riding alone to in a group?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 20
    • Agree Agree x 6
  2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Yes mate, really enjoy a good solo ride for exactly those reasons but the down side is when you stop there is no one to share the experience with :):)
    Am happy to chat but people tend to keep to their own groups so end up just having a brew and moving on :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Frecklechops

Jul 8, 2019
    Scotland
    Cliquey. I'll talk to most bikers when I'm out, even if I'm not on the bike :joy:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Helmut Visor

Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    I hate to say it Frecklechops but it will be far easier for you to break in to a conversation or have people chat to you than it is for me ;);)
    As I said, I'm more than happy to chat but it can get a bit cliquey out there particularly as a bloke :cool::cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Bryf

Bryf Guest

Yes really enjoy going solo as well, as you say you can just do your own thing, be as mad/sensible as you feel, go where you want, stop when you want etc, don't get me wrong I enjoy company as well, but do mostly prefer to be out on my todd, I am also lucky as I can normally get out a couple of days during the week and nothing beats tormenting your mates sending texts and pics when out for a birl and they are at work, get some great replies:joy: ;)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I'm often out on my own, I don't mind it at all, you can leave when you want stop when you want, I find up in here most bikers are friendly and I've not experienced any cligueyness..not sure if that's a word!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Frecklechops

Jul 8, 2019
    Scotland
    Yeah, I get you. The bright yelly bike also attracts attention

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Too hot

Too hot Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Costa del Clyde Scotchland
    I prefer to ride alone rather than in a group. I always feel as if I’m looking over my shoulder wondering what someone is going to do next. As others have said you can suit yourself when you are on your own. I tend to stick to the west coast too.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Frecklechops

Jul 8, 2019
    Scotland
    Totally.
    I was working the weekend there and on standby, thunder in the glens was on and it was beautiful weather so there were bikes all over the shop. I was thinking "fuck you ya lucky bastards" every time one passed me :joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Frecklechops

Jul 8, 2019
    Scotland
    Yeah, most bikers I meet are friendly, and most wave. Except Harley riders, they almost never wave. Especially to sport bikes. We're all bikers dudes!

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Thanks x 1
  11. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Iv'e got a Harley! i'll wave to you :)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  12. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #12 Sprinter, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019

I worked with a lovely woman, 6 foot, blonde. Once when discussing solo holidays, I was told it was really easy to meet people on holiday and " your just not trying "
    Yeah, I could see that,women would be all protective, and men, proactive.
    We agreed to disagree.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I’ve never really been one for riding in groups especially when I had sports bikes, as a lot of guys end up doing daft things to try and show off their skills (or lack of them)
    I’d rather go at my own pace and enjoy the ride, though these days that’s not as easy with the amount of annoying idiots on the road, or is it just me being a grumpy old bugger? ;)
    Must admit though, I do prefer riding with the wife these days. It’s nice to have some company and it makes it easier to strike up conversations when we stop for a brew.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. I pretty much ride on my own all the time. Not that i'm against riding in a group or anything...
    My wife occasionally tags along, but we have a young puppy now and she doesn't like leaving her home alone, so i get to play out by myself, i go where i want as fast or as slow as i want.
    Win win :cool::cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    I ride with an MC and so do many group rides, some with 40+ bikes, but still enjoy solo or 2 up riding sharing the lead out. Makes for easy conversation when you stop.
    I agree many people stay to there cliques, but it’s amazing what a smile and a how was your ride for breaking the ice :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Helmut Visor

Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Trouble is when I smile people wonder how long they have to live :joy::joy:
    DSCF5189.JPG

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Frecklechops

Jul 8, 2019
    Scotland
    Reminds me of something off of Mindhunter :joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    #18 joe mc donald, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    Frecklechops
    Always well most always. Nobody likes me I am a lonely orphan. Going up your neck of the woods early next year. Have to visit the home of my name sake. Been intending it for about 20 / 30 years now but I have booked it now and won't be on my own this time. So Glencoe here I come. I may even pop along and have a spin out with you so you don't get a complex like me. Great photos by the way thanks for sharing.
    Ride Safe
    Joe

• Like Like x 11
  19. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    When are you going to Glencoe Joe?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    My mates call me “Billy no mates” ‘cause I like to ride alone.
    Cheers, Billy...eer... I mean Ken.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1