Riding In London

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by BBBMLJ, Jul 4, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BBBMLJ

BBBMLJ Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Kent
    I spend the day in London a lot on either a Saturday or Sunday. I normally drive my car, park at the O2 then tube into the city. I would like to ride into London and park my bike somewhere central for the day.
    What I don't want to do is walk around London or go on the tube while carrying all of my bike gear.

Is there such a thing as a secure locker service in London where I could lock up 2 helmets and bike gear for the day?

2. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    Maybe a bus station or Train station? Just a guess.

3. Madmatt

Madmatt Member

Sep 22, 2017
    London
    No lockers. Someone might leave a bomb in there. :(

4. BBBMLJ

BBBMLJ Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Kent
    HEY !!!!! That's no way to talk about my Triumph :grinning:

Very good point though.

There's a luggage storage place at Charing Cross Station. I've emailed an enquiry.

5. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Thinking out of the box (oh er look at him) Maybe a nearby newsagent or petrol station (not many of those in town), give the bloke or blokette a tenner and leave your stuff behind the counter - not sure if this is an option, also you maybe able to bung a concierge in a hotel to store in their luggage room, that or balls it out giving them the impression your a check out guest. Oh and make sure you bring a couple dozen disk locks and chains - enjoy

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BBBMLJ

BBBMLJ Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Kent
    Brilliant - Thank you

I also found this based on similar services to the link you gave me.
    https://www.nannybag.com
    If I put everything I want to store in one bag e.g. a large laundry type bag with a zip, they will store it for up to 24 hours for just £6 (and it's insured while its there)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Got to agree with Ade about the security. If you're going in to central London use the train. I'm very lucky as Wycombe is only half an hour out of Marylebone on the fast services.

8. Michael Greenhaf

Dec 29, 2017
    Merthyr Tydfil
    Keep away from London it's full of toxic fumes and people get out in the country and breath fresh air and it's free

• Like Like x 2