Rideout Ride to the Wall 2016

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Rooster, Sep 8, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    The 2016 Ride to the Wall takes place on Saturday 1st October

RTTW is a unique motorcycling event which gives motorcyclists an opportunity to gather together at a place of remembrance, to pay their respects to our serving and fallen service men and women and in doing so, raise funds solely for the purpose of perpetuating their memory and recognising the sacrifice made.

If you fancy attending it costs £10/person and you can register at http://www.ridetothewall.org.uk/index.php

There are 11 starting points for the Ride to the Wall, I will be joining Route 6. I went last year and it was a great day out. Around 20,000 bikers attended in 2015, I guess it will be more this year.

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Victor

Victor Active Member

Jul 26, 2015
    North Wales
    May well make that event if not on call that weekend. Will check my rota first thing in the morn.

Mark

3. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    I am considering attending this too. I'll probably be joining route 4.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    I've now registered to attend. Anyone considering going has up until this Saturday to register on the RTTW website. Fingers crossed the weather will be ok.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    I've done a couple of RTTW in previous years and live quite close to the National Memorial Abouretum. When I last called around at the place the actual memorial wall was not accessible as they are undertaking massive upgrade works.

A scale model of the wall was created near the temporary visitors centre. All the rest of the site was still accessible.

6. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    Just 3 days to go now. Hope its a good turn out. I'm joining route 4 (Cherwell Valley Services) with my mate (both on Tigers).