Featured Ride Out No Toilet Work Today

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Aug 4, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Peeps had a great day out today. Rode up to Wallingford and the H café. It was swamped at times. Everyone loved the TSX. I rode all the way there not a hiccup and around the single track roads around there. And on the way home the old girl kept cutting out. I know they say not to work at the carbs but one thinks they may need a clean. However I did get home and have just now applied for my 70 mile ride certificate from the TOMCC. It was a spur of the moment thing so didn't have time to tell you all I was out and about. Did meet some great peeps however. Also treated myself to a sena earpiece which the infinity staff fitted for me. And a new pair of trousers so really sorted now.
    Ride Safe.
    Joe IMG_1039.JPG IMG_1038 (2).JPG

• Like Like x 16
  2. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Privateer.
    Thanks for that. Want to get up your neck of the woods soon. Just for a spin out.
    Regards
    Joe

• Like Like x 4
  3. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dozers Dad
    Thanks for that and I certainly will give it a go first. Hopefully it will do the trick as most people say not to go stripping those Bings as they tend to be very temperamental. I will pop down Halford tomorrow and pick some up. Thanks again.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 4
  4. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Nice one Joe, bike looks great and as well as using the cleaner fluid Lucas also do a Ethanol conditioner in a green bottle that i use in all my old bikes 10ml to each tank fill has stopped all the issues i used to have.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Bike does look very, very nice.
    Stands right out from the crowd, lovely

• Like Like x 1
  6. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    I quit using ethanol gas in my lawn equipment with carburetors due to extremely short shelf life, less than 30 days. I can buy real gas so much cheaper than the last repair bill. Ok for cars that go through a tank a week or two. But to have it go bad in a can in the garage is just insane.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    I do like the colors, a really stunning scheme!

• Like Like x 1
  8. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Stunning looking bike that Joe, really like it !!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Bikes looking good @joe mc donald good day for a run out. Thunderstorms and downpours here :(

Could you post the name of the product you use please @Dozers Dad the software on my tablet won't let me follow links to ebay!

• Like Like x 1
  10. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dozers Dad
    Don't use ebay since they robbed me of a set of t140 cranks. Will check amazon.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  11. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Privateer.
    Sure will do and a nice cuppa always goes down great after a ride out. Thanks.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  12. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Darkman.
    Yes I have some of that. But I like to get up to Marlow here. I can't remember the name but he sells leaded petrol. Real nice chap stocks it for the canal boats. Not as nice as yours though.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  13. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Curly
    Thanks for that you know I am getting a big head now. But yes you are right it is individual. Can't believe how many people wanted to take pictures and talk about it.
    Regards
    Joe.

14. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Old Phart Phred.
    Yes do agree with you.
    Regards
    Joe.

15. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Mpllineman.
    Thanks I to like the colour scheme. It was one of the models Meriden though would save the company but was not good enough and to late.
    Regards
    Joe

16. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dozers Dad
    I didn't get the tank done. Spoke to Tigcraft and it would take the originality away from the bike. I polished it highly and just keep it as is. I do keep looking on the American website in the hope one will come up so I can get it done and save this one as the original. Ron looks for me aswel if he's about the breakers. Thing with it being an American model mostly. But it will happen eventually.
    Regards
    Joe

• Like Like x 3
  17. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    TheBigLad
    Thanks a lot. How you keeping. Yes it is a nice little bike and light as a feather. Mind you the suspension doesn't come close to the modern machinery. My back is still recovering. Only just said to the better half we used to tear around like nutters on Bonneville's now its painful.
    Regards
    Joe.

18. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Big Sandy
    Sorry to hear about your weather. I had a great day and loved every minute. As I was saying when people want to look and photograph the bike it take about 20 / 30 years of you and the smile is prize winning. Hope your weather improves.
    Regards
    Joe.

19. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    #19 Big Sandy, Aug 5, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    It's a great feeling :) I've noticed people always want a look at my Sprint. Usually older blokes though. It doesn't have the classic lines of yours... In fact, from in front I think it looks a bit like a locust!

Funny thing, people always ask about the Land Rover... "Does it run?" It's actually in better condition now than it was when I bought it 20 odd years ago! Certainly smokes less.

With the Sprint they often ask "Does it drop oil"... They get advice on sex and travel. (no, it doesn't drop oil...)

Weather wise... I'm getting tired of getting wet! . Weather warnings in place for floods apparently. No interesting cafes on my runs out like on yours... Just a couple of greasy spoon roadside mobile things. They could cater more for bikes here.

Look forward to seeing you in the TOMCC 'Nacelle' I got my certificate in the post last month, and was in the current issue.

Thanks @Dozers Dad I'll get some of that I think. AN Edit to add... Interesting that it's for petrol and diesel. I guess its a cetane improver?

• Like Like x 1
  20. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    Joe lovely bike. , I remember Bill Maddricks in Barrow had one of them in black. I tried to get a loan from the TSB to buy it but they told me to sod off. so ended up with a basket case 500 Daytona that I still own today :):)

• Like Like x 2