Ride-on?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Kenbro, Dec 15, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Anyone here use Ride-On in their tubed tyres, or think it’s worth putting in?
    Looks like it costs about £25 per wheel.
    I’ve only had one fairly rapid front tyre deflation in many years on biking, 90ish mph and though I didn’t fall off it was not very pleasant and not something I would like to experience again.
    Unfortunately I have some tubed tyres.
    Cheers,Ken.

2. roginoz

roginoz Member

Jul 30, 2019
    Wichita, KS
    One of the guys who uses my garage insists on using a similar "balancer/sealer." If he wasn't a good friend, I'd send him elsewhere. In addition to adding about a pound of unsprung weight to each wheel, it's a God-awful mess when you change tires. (I take a break and watch him clean up the No-Mar changer, the floor, and whatever else...) A properly balanced wheel will be balanced when you start out; this stuff has to redistribute itself around the interior of the tire before it's working. Also, it's only going to seal small punctures; it won't help in a sudden deflation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Nope but its one of my favourite dc tunes :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Kenbro, I would not recommend anyone putting that into tubed or tubeless tyres, as mentioned it throws out of balance you wheels, it leaves a horrible mess if you had say a large puncture on a tubed tyre, it gets everywhere, cleaning it up is a real headache, a recent case of a guy that had a similar sealant put in his tubeless tyres, he got a puncture (large) it did not seal and it took ages to clean the wheel up, there have also been cases of alloy wheels showing signs of corrosion on some cars with sealant added. Stay well clear would be my advise, better to carry a repair kit and levers, and practice till you are confident in using them. Consider spoked wheels for tubeless tyres (Kineo) or similar, I know they are expensive but look good, there are simple effective roadside repair kits available if you pick up a puncture on tubeless tyres, if it's a small nail you can usually ride home anyway at a reduced speed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1