Reviews On The Pirelli Diablo Rosso 3s?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Instinct, Mar 10, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Instinct

Instinct Member

Mar 10, 2019
    Plymouth
    Looking to pick your collective minds for some reviews on the Rosso 3s... I did a quick search in the forum and there seems to be some love for them from some of you, but nothing that recent.

I currently have Metzeler Racetec RRs on my Speed Triple and they can get a little 'exciting' in the wet... so I'm looking for a more confidence inspiring all round road/ sports tyre.

I know that the Rosso 3s are a bit spendy and I've heard don't last that long but I don't do huge amounts of miles so I'm happy with the cost of them.

So any thoughts/ feedback much appreciated.

2. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Both my partner and me have them on our bikes, after 2 sets of Supercorsas on my speed that i loved i thought i would try them as they are more road focused than the corsas, so far i'm impressed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Instinct

Instinct Member

Mar 10, 2019
    Plymouth
    Well I've decided to go ahead and get them fitted today :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Daniel king

Daniel king New Member

Mar 20, 2019
    Nantwich
    What sort of mileage extra did you get out of the rosso's compared to the supercorsa?

5. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    Not long fitted the rosso's so too soon to say sorry.

6. Daniel king

Daniel king New Member

Mar 20, 2019
    Nantwich
    Just out of curiosity what were you getting out of supercorsas? I really like them just not sure theyll do the 3000 miles i need to do the trip into europe.

7. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    I did 2 sets in just over 5000 miles, 3000 should be no problem touring.

8. Speed Triple RS Aus

Speed Triple RS Aus New Member

Nov 15, 2018
    Australia
    Hey I fitted Pirelli Diablo Rosso 3’s to my RS a few weeks back. I had 5200 kms on the SuperCorsas and was really loving those tyres over summer in Melbourne, the seemed to warm up fine, tipped in really quick, and my talent would certainly not push their adhesion limits...was pretty happy with the mileage over mixed riding until
    I got a rear flat, and decided to replace front and back...was very tempted to go around again on the SuperCorsa’s, but I’m not on the track, and figured I may as well get some more value in terms of price/mileage, so fitted the PDR3’s.

After a couple of hundred kms on them, honestly I couldn’t tell the difference on the road, they heat up quick, not to sketchy cold, they tip in and look and feel so similar...on the track you might notice, on the road not so much. No issues bedding them in, very stable.

Aesthetically, I enjoy the Pirelli’s, the tyre type printed on the rear shoulder, the aggressive tread pattern, and for me, I had no reason to change....I expect 6-7000 kms out of the Rosso 3’s.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Daniel king

Daniel king New Member

Mar 20, 2019
    Nantwich
    Well after much thought ive gone for the rosso corsa 2 which lies between the supercorsa and rosso 3.

Why pirellli have to make the names so close and confusing is beyond me lol.

• Like Like x 1