Reverse Cones

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Kenny11, Jun 19, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kenny11

Kenny11 New Member

Jun 17, 2019
    New Forest
    Hi all
    Has anybody bought the Weslake shorty reverse cones and stainless headers sold by Squaredeals?
    as they seem like good value and will give my 120 the look I`m after, and hopefully the sound as well.
    Cheers
    Al

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I find my ice cream falls out of reverse cones

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Member

Jul 2, 2018
    Central Iowa, USA
    LOL!

I have the British Customs Shorty Predators reverse comes on my Bonny, I like them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    • Like Like x 10
  5. Kenny11

Kenny11 New Member

Jun 17, 2019
    New Forest
    Mad cow, I like the predators and they sound great, but they are quite pricey.

MadMrB, they look good, as I like a lot of noise do you think they are worth the money?
    Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I've got them on my 1200 Thruxton. They were too loud for me with the baffles out, but are pretty much perfect with them in. Lovely noise, but I have a decat as well, not sure how much difference that makes. They seem well made, look very good, and must give a considerable weight saving.. I would recommend them.

There used to be a link from Squaerdeals website to a Jack Lilley video of my bike with the baffles out if you want a soundcheck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Yes I thought they were good for the money, they are not BC Predator Pro quality but then they are half the price. The only area on mine that didn't appear to be perfect were the welds, they were ok just not polished smooth, which then would have been perfect.

As has already been mentioned, they are a considerable weight saving over the original silencers. I also got better perfomance as the bike was no longer strangled, which allowed the engine to rev more freely and improve the acceleration. I did get a lot of popping and backfire, until I rejetted and then it was enough to make me smile ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kenny11

Kenny11 New Member

Jun 17, 2019
    New Forest
    Thanks for the info, I was thinking of getting the headers as well then that takes away the cat, I'll start saving the pennies :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Kenny11

Kenny11 New Member

Jun 17, 2019
    New Forest
    Well, I have called squaredeals today and tried to order the header pipes and the shorty reverse cones for the t120, but the guy said as I wanted the polished version for the t120 the silencers would not fit, as the headers are designed for the street twin so it kicks the silencers up too much so the bracket won't fit to the rear foot rest, :( but if I didn't mind the silencers being satin finish I could have the one's for the street twin :D.
    So I'm back to square one looking for a set of short polished reverse cones that sweep up slightly and perhaps an X pipe.
    So if anyone has any ideas I would be eternally grateful :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Hi DD, yes I have them and they should be like new, give me a few mins and I'll get some pictures...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  11. Ivor Crozier

Ivor Crozier New Member

Jun 2, 2020
    Northumberland
    Hi mate I have just fitted these to my T120 simple installation everything lines up nicely and they sound brilliant (like a Spitfire ) I have a xpipe & booster plug fitted also

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Kenny11
    Firstly welcome. I have just fitted the Dunstall new to the market Norton style reverse cones and they are unbelievable. Well just a little bit naughty but i think i love them. And no baffles to start with well not much anyway.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kenny11

Kenny11 New Member

Jun 17, 2019
    New Forest
    By way of an update, I went for BC Midi reverse cones in the end, also an X pipe, they sound sweet.
    I had to make a guard to cover the X pipe just to tidy up the underneath

20191214_142042_resize_2.jpg

• Like Like x 3