Sprint Reset And Adaptation 2001 St

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Flashp, Aug 23, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    My 2001 955 ST (no O2 sensor or cat) has had a number of repairs to the intake/vacuum system and an Idle Air Control Valve replaced with a brand new one (the old one literally fell apart in my hand when I moved it to get to the adjustment screw for the Throttle Body) and I'd like to make sure everything is reset correctly. At the time I found a Piper Cross air filter installed and two substantial vacuum leaks on the throttle body to IAC tubes so I'm fairly sure the ECU has got it's knickers in a twist.

I have Tune ECU to use and the Android app since I couldn't get the Windows platform version to work properly.

Any advice gratefully received!

Cheers.

2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Have you balanced the throttle bodies and set/checked the TPS to 0.60V +/- 0.2V in Tuneecu?
    If so, then do a TPS reset, then without touching the throttle, start the bike and let it idle for at least 12 minutes.
    Once this is done, shut it off, put everything back together then go for a ride :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    Yes, balanced them after fixing the IAC vacuum hose leaks. Just checked TPS voltage and it was 0.588 so I'll do a TPS reset tomorrow and let it run. Thanks for the tip, I'll update here once done

• Like Like x 2
  4. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Are you running the standard map?
    I’ve loaded an updated map to my Daytona, from the Tuneecu site, and it runs much better. Much better idle, they’re a bit lean on a standard map.
    I went for one modified for with an Akra can and K&N filter.

5. socalnative

socalnative New Member

Feb 28, 2020
    California
    I know this is a little old but I have a '08 Sprint 1050 abs and I used the Android version of Tuneecu to reset the TPS and let it idle from cold to fan coming on. I also reset the service reminder. I wasn't having any kind of issue and I thought it was running fine. But now after it's definitely smoother and pulls a little better in every gear. Starts about the same but the better smoothness is noticeable when still warming up and riding slowly. Very worth the money for the improvement!

• Like Like x 2