Repost From Leicestershire Police

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Vectis John, Jan 11, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Vectis John

Vectis John Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2019
    Isle of Wight
    Saw this on another forum -

APPEAL | A man has lost the sight in one eye after an egg was thrown at this face last night (10 January).

At around 11.15pm, the man, who was riding a motorcycle, was travelling into Wigston on Newton Lane. He had a helmet on, but the visor was up and the egg hit him in the face.

The egg was thrown from a car which was travelling in the opposite direction.

The 31-year-old had emergency surgery, but the sight in his eye couldn’t be saved.

There was also a report of eggs being thrown from a car on Welland Park Road, Market Harborough shortly after this incident.

Officer in the case DC Jack Thomas is investigating the incident. He said: “I want to hear from anyone who saw a car being driven in a manner that caused them concern in the area of Wigton and Market Harborough late last night, and anyone who might have seen eggs being thrown.

“I appreciate it’s not something you would necessarily think to report to the police, but this incident where this victim has lost his sight shows that it can be very serious.

“We need to find the car and the people responsible as soon as possible.”

Anyone with information, call 101 quoting crime number 20*19279.

• WTF WTF x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Bastards! I hope these scum are found and get time for this, and I hope the victim sues them for every penny they have :mad:

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 1
  3. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Mindless fuc£wits - put them before a magistrate that understands motorcycling - we have enough idiots on the road without there shits :mad::mad::mad:

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Should read these shits........

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:mad:Feckin idiots :mad:

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Mindless, idiot f#cktards, : unamused:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Well I can only agree and pray someone has the info the police need to cage these prats. Thing about lowlifes like this they inevitably start to rat on each other that's how low they are. That's were good club riders come in handy as if it were one of theirs the prats would have broken arms by now. Not that helps our Biker Brother who I hope gets back to some type of normality soon. My sympathies to him and his family.
    God Bless
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Beerman

Beerman Guest

It is a reminder to ride with the visor down -I am guilty of not always doing this. For me, particularly important - I only have one eye to start with!

Beerman

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Beerman.
    Yes sadly. The world we live in.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Sorry to hear of the suffering you have endured from the actions of others Mr Duck, it has become a sad world when the aggressors seem to get more protection from the law than those that suffer from what they've done : unamused:

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    They’ll get you for doing 24 in a 20, parking in the wrong place, littering and using a bus lane, hopefully this multitude of cameras that are being installed will bring these twats to justice, even though it’ won’t bring in any revenue.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    That's the nail on the head there crispey, speed camera's, fines for parking etc etc bring in coffers for the government but banging up scrotes costs them.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Yes it's always the easy targets, the generally decent people committing minor offences that get done, because the authorities know they accept the consequences and cough up. Whereas the real scrotes who are dangers to society, seem to either get away with their crimes or have pitifully weak and minor punishment.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    • Like Like x 12
  15. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    It’s just unbelievable what some will do!

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Beerman

Beerman Guest

Why is the DVLA on your case? You don' t need 20/20 vision - you need to pass the vision part of the driving test.

Beerman

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    It just boils my blood when you see his comment "i did not know or realise the danger". What the feck did he think would happen if the egg flying at speed hit somebody? Just a mindless thug.

• Agree Agree x 8
  18. Trophytourer

Trophytourer Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2019
    Inverness
    Might invest in a dash cam now, there are some serious f*%c wits out there. Hope the guy is doing OK.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Beerman

Beerman Guest

Ah, understood ...

It's obviously a terrible thing, losing sight in one eye. When it happened to me many years ago - again, someone else and a thoughtless moment - I said it wouldn't affect anything I did.

And it hasn't - well, apart from the fact that I can't be a commercial airline pilot (though I'm 30 years too old, and anyway I could fly a private plane if I wanted to), and it provides a convenient excuse for my terrible golf and tennis (loss of 3 dimensional perspective, though in reality I don't notice that).

Apart from that, I can do pretty much anything, including riding a bike, and I'm pretty good at crossing my eyes!

Beerman

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Judd Dredd
    That tippet has just made my day. I hope they throw the book at him now. I hope they put him away with the hard line prisoner's. Somewhere like the Maze see if he realizes the dangers there.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 5