Replacements For Metzeler Tourance Next For 800xrx

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Martychris, May 17, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Martychris

Martychris New Member

Apr 24, 2019
    Carmarthen
    The handling on my Tiger 800 Xrx is awful, it follows ruts in the road and seems to be wandering left and right all the time. I replaced a badly squared off rear expecting to fix it but no difference! Its a factory Low version. Is it a tyre issue or is there a suspension issue? Not confidence inspiring at all. Any help appreciated.

2. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    If it's the same as my XRt it's the front, it's too narrow and a bias ply tyre.
    I'm getting a 110/80 Tourance Next radial fitted on Thursday which is supposed to cure the whitelining issue.
    Other than that I find the tyres good for grip, feel etc

• Like Like x 3
  3. Double R

Double R New Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Suffolk
    Hi my XRX was the same it got quite frightening in France in thunderstorms on a tour of the battlefields but a set of PR4s cured that and changed the handling of the bike no end best mod possible ! I should have done it sooner put them on at 3000 miles now on 9000 and only look half worn well recommend

4. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    I've just exchanged the Nexts on my XRx for Metz Roadtec 1. Road home on them tonight for the first time and taking them to Scotland next weekend. I'll report back.

5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I’ve Pirelli scorpions on my ‘12 roadie which are great, but just had similar problem on a 16 Xc low, there’s a slight notch in the head race, get front wheel off ground, hold front tyre between thumb and forefinger likewise handle bar grip. Gently turn from side to side and you’ll feel it if it’s there. Made sure tyre pressures were ok put suspension on hardest and it improved everything. Not cured, that’ll hopefully come when bearings are done

6. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Cheers.
    On the next run we took 1psi out of the turbo boost where the wheelie occurred and I did my first 7 second run.....:cool:

Don't have that problem with the Tiger :p

• Funny Funny x 1