Replacement Speedmaster Battery

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ming12, Mar 24, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ming12

ming12 Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Weston Super Mare
    Need a descent/good battery to replace the original one on my 2012 speedy as it only holds a charge for a week, obviously not being used due to weather, keep on charging battery start it up every other day but by the end of the week its flat/not enough to turn over.

I have an alarm fitted, also optimate lead fitted but where I live no garage/electric point outside as its parked on the road.

Looking on ebay, but any suggestions greatly welcomed.

Ming.....:upyeah:

2. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    You sure your alarm is not draining it?

3. ming12

ming12 Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Weston Super Mare
    Not sure, the alarm has its own battery supply when low level in battery alarm still works.
    It only takes between 1 & 2 hours to be fully charged.

4. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    One of the troubles I've had with my SIII is the battery - I'm on my 6th or 7th and talking to folks I'm not on my own. I've had the electrics checked by a couple of dealers and they can't find a problem. I started using an optimiser but when I put it on the battery when the battery is connected to the bike's electrics it actually seems to drain it a bit (no, the terminals aren't the wrong way round!). I've found that totally disconnecting the battery from the bike's electrics and putting the optimiser on seems to work. If anyone can explain what's happening here I would be grateful.

5. ming12

ming12 Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Weston Super Mare
    When I charged the battery left running for 10 minutes then put my optimater on, the only light on was the power light, was told about a solar panel got one tried it and still not topping up charge level, was looking at one of these batteries. See link.
    Replacement Battery for the Triumph Bonneville America and Speedmaster

• Like Like x 1