Sprint Replacement Screen for ST1050

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Appo, Mar 27, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Appo

Appo New Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Hello all. Does anyone have any advice and recommendations on what screen to go for to replace the standard stock screen. I am 6'2" and most of my riding is done "two up". I am looking for something that has a little better protection. I have looked at Zero Gravity Touring and MRA Vario Touring screens and double bubble screens but can't decide which to go for? I believe Triumph also have different screen combinations available. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in anticipation

2. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    I've had 2 MRA screens, on a versys & a Fazer1000, I really rate them, very effective, with loads of adjustment. Not the prettiest screen, but work brilliantly & not too expensive compared to some manufacturers aftermarket kit.

3. Appo

Appo New Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Thanks for that. The MRA is probably at the top of my list at the moment. I have heard differing reports about wind noise though. Some say its fine and others say its increased. How did you find it? Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Screens can be very subjective, I never had a problem with wind noise, but I always wear earplugs. With the MRA you've got adjustment that other screens don't have, I had a double bubble on my ZX6 was a vast improvement over stock but I never took a passenger, quite often the passenger gets the brunt of the airflow. I had the MRA on my Fazer for a trip to the South of France (mostly in pouring rain!) & it worked great for me.

5. Appo

Appo New Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Thanks for the reply. As you say opinnion is very subjective. I think it will be take the plunge and go for it. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Puig do some nifty ones too....