Thruxton Replacement Mirrors

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Dave Roxburgh, Jul 12, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dave Roxburgh

Dave Roxburgh Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2019
    Suffolk
    Anyone found any decent replacement mirrors for a 2019 Thruxton 1200 R?

I've lived with the factory standard ones for three years now and they are fine... until you wanna filter through traffic. Then they add 7 inches over the width of the bars themselves - *SEVEN*! Seven inches can make all the difference - just ask your lady ;-) The outside of the Thruxton mirrors are three inches further apart than on my Fazer 1000. I'm using the Thruxton every day to commute to work now and sometimes there's a gap that a bike should be able to get through but I can't with those mirrors poking out.

So I'm interested in ditching the bar-end mirrors and going for something else - traditional bar-mounted or whatever. Basically, whatever will reduce the overall width to make filtering possible when I want to.

I've seen these from Motea, anyone tried them?:
    https://www.motea.com/en/rear-view-mirror-triumph-thruxton-1200-r-craftride-cs23-black-185670-0

Or maybe I should go with this adapter from Classic Bike Raisch so I can mount whatever I like:
    https://www.classicbike-raisch.de/e...-adapter-thruxton-r/speed-twin/scrambler-1200

Any other solutions?

Cheers,
    Dave

2. thebigbail

thebigbail Member

May 31, 2019
    Prince George
    Thanks for the links, I’m also not a fan of the width the bar end mirrors add to the Thruxton R.

3. Dave Roxburgh

Jul 5, 2019
    Suffolk
    • Like Like x 1
  4. thebigbail

thebigbail Member

May 31, 2019
    Prince George
  5. Dave Roxburgh

Jul 5, 2019
    Suffolk
    Hmmm, well, what I can tell you that they don't fit the 2019 Thruxton R...
    I'll let you know what they say...