Thruxton Removing Cat On Thruxton Rs (not R)

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Bradley Perry, Jan 30, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bradley Perry

Bradley Perry Well-Known Member

I am in the process of removing exhaust system to fit a new decat high flow unbaffled set up on my new Thruxton RS
    I see the catalytic converter is different to the R model with intermediate pipes welded..... looks almost impossible to remove without removing both frame cradle tubes...or cutting up the cat or pipes with a grinder (not a real option ).
    Anyone got any tips on how to remove the cat.... or a link to some information....???

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. TheBeardedPunk

TheBeardedPunk Senior Member

Oct 7, 2021
    Belgium
    Is it the euro5 version? Those all have the intermediate pipes welded on if I’m not mistaken. Came across this with my Street Twin

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bradley Perry

Yes Euro 5 with the welded pipes....

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bradley Perry

Decat completed on Thruxton RS.... requires complete removal of left side frame member (not just loosened like the R model) and remove sump heat shield...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ge-Minigun

Ge-Minigun Active Member

Sep 20, 2021
    Virginia (USA)
    Bradley...might be a stupid question. Interested in selling the cat? I cut mine off and would like to have one in case I ever want to return the bike to original. I'm in the USA zip 22602, if your interested in selling let me know what the total would be shipped and if not too bad, might purchase.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bradley Perry

Yes, I can check out the shipping from Australia, but I suspect the cost would be very high.... but if not urgent Australia post would be much cheaper than DHL or similar service...... would you just want the cat or the full system....???

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ge-Minigun

Ge-Minigun Active Member

Sep 20, 2021
    Virginia (USA)
    Just the cat...everything else I have. The cheaper the better, I'm in no hurry, thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1