Removal Fittign Of Usb Socket (street Triple 765)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by SevenSixFiveRS, Jan 6, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SevenSixFiveRS

SevenSixFiveRS New Member

Jan 6, 2023
    UK
    #1 SevenSixFiveRS, Jan 6, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    Hi all,

After an euro tour in torrential rain, my USB socket got soaked and stopped working. I've tested the connector under the seat and it gets power up to that point. The 10A ACC fuse is also good so I guess the socket itself got fried?

Anyway, does anyone know how to remove the socket so I can replace it with A9828058 (or similar)?
    Is it just glued in?

Thanks

EDIT: OK this image has shed some light on it. Looks like 2 screws hold that bracket in and it simply clicks into place

(stolen photo from eBay, hope that's ok - I'll replace it with my own photo later for future ref)
    [​IMG]

2. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    It is very easy to replace, unclip the USB port, then pull the connector apart (under the rider seat) and replace. I am puzzled how water got into the socket as the port has a good waterproof rubber boot on.

3. SevenSixFiveRS

SevenSixFiveRS New Member

Jan 6, 2023
    UK
    Thanks, it looks like the clip faces upward though so do you have to remove the whole bracket first?

I had a USB cable plugged into the socket so I guess it exposed it to the rain (it was very heavy rain!)

next time I’ll tape it up to try and seal it

4. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Al you have to do is press the sides of the holding clips sideways and out it comes, then just press the replacement one in.