Remapping And New Silencers

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Ivor, Dec 22, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ivor

Ivor Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2019
    Southampton UK
    Just got a 2015 speed triple 94R and love it , but the engine noise (whiring and whining) is almost louder than the original pipes that are on there, if I change them for some after market silencers will I have to get the engine remapped ?.... cheers in advance :)

2. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Ivor, most of the reputable aftermarket exhaust manufacturers don't require a re map on their exhausts, if you have and concerns e mail them, you don't say which ones you intend putting on though.

3. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    There's a dedicated Triumph map for Arrow cans if you decide to go that route, TuneECU can be used to load it if you're DIY.
    (that's what I've done) - or a Triumph dealer can do it for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    I've not had to have a re map on all the modern Triumphs I have owned, the only exception was an early TT600, it wasn't the aftermarket silencer that caused a fuelling issue it was the exhaust gases from the headers, I replaced those with a set that had the link pipe between them, and had no more issues.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ivor

Ivor Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2019
    Southampton UK
    Ah thanks I was looking at the Arrow ones . I still wanted twin silencers up under the seat to give it the same look. Just with a bit more throat to it so the car drivers know your there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    The earlier Arrows (pre 2016) have removable baffles too, so you have some adjustability as to how loud you want them. Due to later EU regs the later ones are more difficult (but possible) to remove, search this forum and you should find plenty of info. You may need to be patient but should be able to pick up good condition second hand off ebay as a lot of owners put their bikes back to standard before trade-in and then sell their accessories privately. The Arrows come with a different link pipe from stock too so make sure you get that with the cans, I believe the later >2016 Speed3's have a slightly different length link pipe so not suitable for the 94R.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jet City

Jet City Noble Member
    Subscriber

Sep 24, 2018
    Seattle, Washington USA

:grinning: Exactly

8. speeder

speeder Noble Member

Jan 3, 2019
    dorset
    Fitted a pair of carbon silencers on my 2016 ST, far too noisy with the baffles out but ok with them in.
    There is a big weight saving over the originals and only slightly louder.
    Didn't bother with a re-map and it runs fine.

• Like Like x 2