Regulator Rectifier On My '05 Daytona 600

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Lynch92, Sep 23, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Lynch92

Lynch92 New Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Norfolk, UK
    So as mentioned in my first post in the "Newbies" section of the forum, my bike came to a halt on Friday a few miles from home after having been out for a 70 mile morning ride. No more than 24 hours, might I add, after pulling her out of the local garage due to an overheating issue - which turned out to be a bone dry radiator! (I only bought the bike 2 days prior to this!)

So it turns out the reg/rec had given in, the battery was no longer square and was on the verge of bursting. Needless to say my crown jewels hid away when I was told this.

Anyway, to the point..

I've read on other forums that regulators are mounted in the hottest parts of bikes. Is that the case with the D6's? If so, where's recommended to have them mounted once they're replaced so as to avoid a repeat scenario?

Any particular R/R's recommended as replacements?

And finally, I'd like to think the mechanics that have my bike would know the answer to this anyway, but is it good measure to check the stator incase that's knackered?

2. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    If as I suspect there has been a recall on your bike that will be taken care of under warranty. I'll get back to you asap mate.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Lynch92

Lynch92 New Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Norfolk, UK
    Sure. I can't find anything using the safety recall search on the Triumph website, but if you're able to find out via other sources that's much appreciated. Hopefully the garage don't jump the gun and buy the parts before contacting me lol

4. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    There was definitely a recall on a 2002-ish triple of some sort for the reg/rec because I've only recently submitted and got the claim approved despite being well over 2,000 days since the recall was published. I just can't remember if it was a Daytona.

5. Lynch92

Lynch92 New Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Norfolk, UK
    If anyone's reading this and able to give any advice it would be much appreciated.

The garage my bike is at purchased a new reg/rec from ElectrexWorld and a new battery. Hooked it all up today and still absolutely no power. So the next thing they suspect is a fried ECU, but they're essentially just throwing sh*t in the wind, they could end up purchasing another ECU and it might not even be the problem.

I've called Lings in Watton and spoke to one of their mechanics to see if they could carry out a diagnostics check. They've told me they won't be able to do one without putting a new wiring loom in there aswell.

Any help is once again massively appreciated.

6. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    I had to have a new wiring room put in my Street Twin before the ECU was diagnosed as fecked. I'll ask our techs at work for an opinion.

7. Lynch92

Lynch92 New Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Norfolk, UK
    #7 Lynch92, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018