Recommendations For Good Bar End Mirrors

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Shaun Lee, Jan 6, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Shaun Lee

Shaun Lee Member

Oct 17, 2019
    Manchester
    I have a mint 2002 speed triple with a genuine 10K miles on the clock, going through a recommissioning process prior to the MOT, looking for good bar end mirrors as there are just so many to choose from... anybody recommend anything??

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    I can't really add anything to this as I have the same issue...I did in fact spend a fair bit on postage trying (and returning) various mirrors...

I tried a few pairs from https://www.alchemyparts.co.uk The actual mirrors were great, felt like a quality product, but for me just seemed a bit too small...which I fear is just the way bar ends are...(?).

I don't like the "stalk" mirrors on my 2002 speed triple...and I can't get a decent view unless I use extenders - which then makes the stalks look even worse! So I am eager to find a solution...

I will watch this thread with interest!

As an aside, unless you have something of use already, I also recommend the SWMotech centre stand...makes life a lot easier.....

Ride safe!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dickie

Dickie Active Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Tadcaster, North Yorks
    • Like Like x 1
  4. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I’ve got Oberon mirrors on my Beemer, highly recommended.

8594A586-7C76-4A1D-86B3-0C954FADBAFB.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. splodge

splodge New Member

Aug 21, 2017
    York
    These are good https://mandsmotorcycles.co.uk/shop/product/puig-mp-bar-end-mirror-black/ and not too expensive.

• Like Like x 1
  6. typeo123

typeo123 Member

May 25, 2017
    Berkshire, UK
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Nixter

Nixter Well-Known Member

I had CRG arrow mirrors on my MT-10. The were small, but surprisingly easy to see behind easily, no buzzing. I just picked up my RS yesterday and had first ride today. I quite like the stock Triumph ones so sold the CRG’s I took off.

8. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    The Triumph aftermarket mirrors are now obsolete (I've no idea what replaces them?)...but I picked mine up on eBay at just under £50 per side (brand new).

The original bar end mirrors on the 2016+ bikes do give better vision, but it's an acceptable compromise for the good looks.

MT-10 in the background has Oberon mirrors...a fantastic product, but they wouldn't fit the Yamaha as promised, despite checking fitment and buying directly from the Oberon stand at the 2020 MCN show. After sourcing alternative bar-ends from the US, they were double the cost of the Triumph version.

Mirrors_1.JPG
    Mirrors_2.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nixter

Nixter Well-Known Member

I like those Mr Triple. I forgot to mention bar ends. The CRG mirrors would not fit on the Triumph’s current set up without changing. I had RhinoMoto bar ends on the MT-10. The whole set up was not cheap. $75 for the bar ends and over $200 in mirrors.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    RhinoMoto bar ends (plus some US import taxes too) - exactly what is now fitted to the MT-10, Nixter.

The MT-10 has a simple screw in arrangement; an M16 bolt if I remember rightly. I think most of the Yamaha range share the same fitment. We had Yamaha/Gilles bar ends too, which was the first thing that had to be ditched, being too wide a diameter for the mirror brackets.

Oberon's solution is an M6 bolt with a brass expansion collar, plus a couple of extra aluminium secondary collars to suit different internal bar sizes.

The secondary collars were to wide to slide inside the M16 thread...and the brass expansion part on its own, wasn't robust enough to get a grip (plus it might damage the M16 threaded insert).

The last view seen in your new mirrors, would be your own bike disappearing up the road without them :sob:.

Removing the M16 insert is a ridiculous thing to be expected to do, when surely Oberon could have manufactured a screw-in bar end themselves - or made their mirrors fit the Gilles part (sold by the Yamaha dealers). I remain surprised that they appeared to be unaware of how it would attach. We're talking Yamaha...not an uncommon bike :weary_face:

I had similar problems with Oberon levers for my earlier 2016 R. They were a work of art, but they didn't fit...I returned them with photos and had a conversation with one of their design engineers. New levers arrived...which were exactly the same as the first set. So disappointing!

On the plus side, their fuel cap fits a treat :D

IMG_8844.JPG

2018-11-24 12.17.23.jpg

11. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Don't spend loads of dosh the £25 ones may not be branded but are of good quality

• Like Like x 1