Recall For 2016 & 2017 Speed Triples

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Sprinter, Nov 15, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. GregR

GregR New Member

May 20, 2017
    Guernsey, Channel islands
    I have had a notification from the dealer that sold my bike to me about this, it is for the link lead but I have no detail, the description in the link seems like its accurate, just waiting to hear back from the dealer

2. GregR

GregR New Member

May 20, 2017
    It doesn't seem to be a major issue needing urgent attention so I'm not worried about it. The problem I have is that i live in Guernsey in the Channel Islands and the Triumph dealer in the Channel Islands is in another Island, Jersey, 30 miles and a ferry trip away, plus the fact that the ferrry service is shite and it's virtually impossible to make a trip over without an overnight stay makes it a bit of a pain, but then I bought the bike knowing this...and owning the Speed Triple R makes it very definately worth it...:sun:

3. Gdawg

Gdawg New Member

Sep 27, 2015
    Storrington
    Hi
    Yep its right my speed triple R 2017 goes in this Thursday for a link lead replacement. Takes about 2 hours I am told, but will up date after Thursday.

4. Rushy73

Rushy73 New Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Weymouth
    Hi greg mines in Saturday ..
    How many cups of tea they drinking I been told it a hours job.
    From what I been told it only been an issue on a few cases.
    Will post any info I can get out of em

5. Rushy73

Rushy73 New Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Weymouth
    Me again.
    All sorted .new link led to rectifier
    Some mechanics remove cans and exhaust rear y piece for easier access. Mine done in 1hr 10min.
    Sounds like a few had bad connection at rectifier end.
    None my dealer done showed any signs of issues .:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. GregR

GregR New Member

May 20, 2017
    Since my post on this I've had an official letter from Triumph saying mine needs to be done, there's a form I need to complete and send in to Triumph to verify it's been done. I'm still waiting to hear from the Channel Islands delaer in Jersey to see if the work can be done in Guernsey, we're only 20 miles apart but it's a ferry trip and at this time of year there aren't many options on getting there and back without an overnight stay in a hotel on Jersey so it's a bit of a nuisance not to mention slightly costly. As far as removing pipes and y piece goes that's simpler on my bike as I've fitted an oval low mount SCProject end can.