Reax Alta

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Kin Ton Ti, Feb 18, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kin Ton Ti

Kin Ton Ti Supreme Galactic Commander

Jan 5, 2019
    Virginia
    I just ordered a Reax Alta mesh jacket from Revzilla. I'm headed down to Daytona Bike Week in a couple of weeks, and leather will probably be too warm. I'm not sure if anyone has had any experience with Reax, but I'm hoping it's going to be a decent piece of gear. At any rate, I'll post back about its performance, because I should put around 600 miles on it, during this trip.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zinc

Zinc Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Washington, DC
    Congrats on going to Bike Week. But I would rethink the mesh riding gear. Have fun and post a report!

In most years, Daytona Beach averages a daily maximum temperature for March that's between 72 and 77 degrees Fahrenheit (22 to 25 degrees Celsius). The minimum temperature usually falls between 51 and 57 °F (11 to 14 °C). The days at Daytona Beach warm steadily during March.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kin Ton Ti

Jan 5, 2019
    Virginia
    #3 Kin Ton Ti, Feb 18, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    I'll also take my leather jacket but, shh...don't tell my wife. That was my excuse for buying a new jacket.;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Kin Ton Ti

Jan 5, 2019
    Virginia
    I received my jacket. I'll review it as time goes on, but my first impression is very good. It has a waterproof liner that can be worn inside, or over the jacket. That's important to me, because if I get caught in the rain, I can stay dry by wearing the liner on the outside and not have to worry about drying out the jacket before riding with it again. We'll see how it wears...

• Like Like x 3