Reassuring Passenger............

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by andyb57, Apr 26, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. andyb57

andyb57 Senior Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Devon
    Any recommendations for a grab handle for pillion on a Daytona 955i? Puig tank mounted handle looks good but expensive :(

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    You can buy a belt-style device which you wear over your jacket. It has grab handles on it for your passenger.

3. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Just don’t pull a wheelie on them :)
    I find explaing how the bike reacts , what is expected of them and sorting some signals like stop soon and stop this fire breathing demon from hell right now works well. ;)

4. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    I use a belt similar to that for my grandchildren when they come for a ride with me. Usually grow out of it fairly quickly, as they soon learn to hang on with their knees, and to lean in the appropriate direction to counter cornering and acceleration forces !
    But it's certainly a major benefit for early rides to introduce a novice to bike riding as a pillion !
    It certainly gave two of my Granddaughters more confidence, and they definitely had more fun because they didn't worry about falls, and a good talk about what to do and how to stop the ride if they didn't want to continue gives them a greater sense of having control of things !!

• Like Like x 2
  5. andyb57

andyb57 Senior Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Devon
    Cheers all, have gone for the Oxford love handles :) . They seem to be more adjustable than others so hopefully the handles won't be dangling from my sides......