Reasonably Priced Shocks

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by andyb57, Jun 18, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. andyb57

andyb57 Senior Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Devon
    Just a quick heads up re another option to upgrade the original shocks on the earlier T100 Bonnie/Thruxton/Scrambler.

Having looked at the usual suspects for reasonably priced shocks (Hagon, TEC, Ikon, etc) I stumbled across http://www.njbshocks.co.uk . Briefly, Norman worked for Girling then set up his own business initially making shocks for classic MX and trials bikes. Take a look at the website for more info about the 2 shocks now offered :)

After a few emails and a phone call or 2 with Norman I ordered the Ultimates for my 08 Scrambler. Length can be adjusted (a lot), it's sprung and damped for my weight, really nice build quality and no lairy stickers. Virtually no bells and whistles which will be a no-no for some.......

Ordered Monday, arrived yesterday, did a few miles in the evening. Obviously way better than the OEM shock, really noticeable improvements already - no squatting when accelerating out of bends and (working with the fresh, heavier oil in the forks) more poised under braking. I'll pass on more feedback in a few weeks.

Price - £244 delivered.

upload_2022-6-18_12-8-15.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. SteveXFR

SteveXFR Member

Apr 24, 2022
    Somerset
    They look good. Great classic looks.
    Near enough same price as Hagon 2810.
    Hagons have adjustable damping but these are probably lighter and better looking.
    I'm sure they'll be better made than some of the other options.