rearsets

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Kradser, Jun 25, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kradser

Kradser Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Esbjerg Denmark
  2. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Sorry K, don't know anything about them but they don't look bad for the price. Bit dubious about them really being made in Italy, though. However, anodised black they'd look the dog's danglies!

3. BetaAlpha

BetaAlpha Banned

Jun 15, 2013
    Leicestershire
    Whats wrong with Italian quality & workmanship? They made Ducati, Ferrari & Alfa Romeo...

Point taken.... I`ll get me coat popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kradser

Kradser Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Esbjerg Denmark
    Yeah black would be best, but for some reason thats another 100 quid.

Might just be the box they come in thats made in Italy :rolleyes:

The levers I bought from ebay, made in China, are made under licence. Although they dont have a smart name, they are basically the same.

To be honest, at the end of the day Im more interessted in getting a good deal. The quality of the gear Ive bought from China/Tiawan has been at least as good as european stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BetaAlpha

BetaAlpha Banned

Jun 15, 2013
    Leicestershire
    Ive had a few sets of the shorty style levers from China & Hong Kong over the years & have always found them to be perfect with no issues at all with their quality or functionality. Im sure ive seen one of these countries doing rear sets on ebay too.... Might be worth a look mate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kradser

Kradser Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Esbjerg Denmark
    My mate who rides a cbr just bought a pair of rearsets from ebay, China I think... Anyway, not nearly as good as they should have been. The finish is not too good, flimsy looking as well. He had to put washers on the bolts to make the operation smooth. I would have been a bit sad to put them on my speedy.

I do have short levers myself, very good quality. Cant fault them. I just dont want to spend Kr 1000 on something that I will regret.

Just got an email from Fly Hammer, they do black rearsets for 289 Euro, just over Kr 2000. Thats not a bad price when the average price on the interweb is Kr 3500 - 4500. They look good too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    I'm about to send off for these bad boys. I have a pair on the green SIII and the quality is absolutely superb. They're extendible and fold up if the worst should happen. Really excellent build quality. Just another bloody thing I can't swap (like my Gilles rearsets!). :frown:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-S...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ab4815d5d

8. BetaAlpha

BetaAlpha Banned

Jun 15, 2013
    Leicestershire
    I think this is the guy i got my levers from in the past & some mates of mine have had rearsets from here too....

Danmoto

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kradser

Kradser Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Esbjerg Denmark
    Some very reasonable prices on that web site. Cant find my speed triple though, gonna send a mail.

Thanks for that Beta, thats a good link:upyeah:

10. BetaAlpha

BetaAlpha Banned

Jun 15, 2013
    Leicestershire
    Always here to help :wink:

11. Kradser

Kradser Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Esbjerg Denmark
    Just got a mail from Danmoto, they dont make rearsets for my speedy :mad:
    Never mind, I still got Fly Hammer, they look to be good quali at a reasonable price....