Rear Wheel Spindle Cover

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Foxy1, May 15, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    Eyup chaps, wanted to put mi speedy on mi recently acquired single sided paddock stand last neet, but couldn't work out how to get this off. I undid the allen bolt on t'other side, but there's nowt on this side. I tried to prise it off wi a screwdriver, and also to tap it out form t'other side, but gid o'er as I dint want to damage it. It's probably really simple, and I'm being a bit dim, it wunt be t'first time!! Any help forthcoming, will be much appreciated.

IMG_20190320_172450.jpg

2. RSReggie

RSReggie Active Member

Apr 9, 2019
    North West UK
    It may pass through the axle - can you post a pic of whats on the other side of the bike .

3. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Is that little button in the centre spring loaded, may be a device that grips inside the axle?
    And can you clean that bloody wheel rim please :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. RSReggie

RSReggie Active Member

Apr 9, 2019
    North West UK
    Looks like an oil spot to me. If OP posts a pic to show more, we can advise betterer ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    It clearly shows how the right side is held on but no clue to the sprocket side, and if you were trying to sell your wares wouldn’t you show them on a clean wheel FFS

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    It could be screwed on using what little thread is available
    Try getting a good grip and turn it counter clockwise just like it is a big nut

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    And I’ve got the tea to get ready for Mrs YM’s imminent return from work.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    When you look through the spindle, all you can see is the inside of the offending cover.

9. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield

That's why I wanted to put mi bike ont stand, to clean mi wheel and lube t'chain. That's what you get when you ride your bike to work every day, through the winter, in all weathers.

Oh, and I'd rather ride it than clean it...... ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. topbanana0

topbanana0 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    My mate had something like this on his speedy, some aftermarket crap. It's was just pushed in, pain to get out.
    This looks similar, put a bar in from other side and hit it out, his was very tight if I remember .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    Just phoned Sprint, and the chap I spoke to reckons its just a normal right hand thread. I tried to unscrew it last neet, but its hard to get a decent purchase on it, as its a smooth finish!

12. topbanana0

topbanana0 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    Plumbers wrench maybe, put some tape on the cap if you want to protect it (presonally I'd throw it in the bin)