Welcome to The Triumph Forum

The World's busiest Triumph Forum. Join this amazing group of people and start discussing the thing that we all love, Triumph Motorcycles.

Rear Wheel Horsepower !!!

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by half ton, Mar 13, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. half ton

half ton Elite Member

Oct 18, 2013
    uk
    Got a text off my brother at lunchtime informing me he had just got off the Dyno and his 2013 Bonnie is now putting out 79.2 bhp and 57ft lbs of torque...Still got the throttle bodies to get bored out and a bit more weight loss to do in the autumn ... so 80+ bhp by the end of the year :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else
    Subscriber

May 12, 2014
    Winchester
    ... a bit more weight loss. Does that mean fewer pies for your brother? :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. half ton

half ton Elite Member

Oct 18, 2013
    uk
    I hope not Steve ..He only weighs about 13 stone now.;)

The bike has already shed just over 30 kilo's and he thinks he can get another 10 kilo's off it later in the year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie First Class Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    FFS .... Where's the fun in THAT??:eek:

5. andyc1

andyc1 #2121313
    Subscriber

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Thats gotta be nudging the 100 mark at the crank, impressive!

6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else
    Subscriber

May 12, 2014
    Winchester
    No fun at all Steve - but apparently the best way to lighten a bike is to shed a few pounds yourself! :cool:

7. half ton

half ton Elite Member

Oct 18, 2013
    uk
    Don't know about the crank figure Andy,I do know when he told me he was going on the dyno that he said anything over 75 bhp and he would be happy,He builds race engines (mostly Jap 4 cylinder stuff) and has a regular group of clients that keep coming back for freshen ups etc. so he's doing something right,This bike has a pair of new 790 cams in it and the head work he does himself,He says its an ongoing project and I think he will eventually go for a TTP big bore barrel when they become available,With that plus the throttle body bore and some weight off the crank and it should be a bit tasty to say the least.

• Like Like x 2