Rear Wheel Bearings

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Walter55, Feb 28, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Walter55

Walter55 New Member

Feb 4, 2019
    east of england
    Hi Can anybody tell me how to get the rear wheel bearings out of a 1974 T100 Daytona, I have
    taken off the speedo drive collar and the grease cover both sides but when pressing out the bearing
    from either side on my fly press they only move about a 1/8th of a inch. is there a way of getting them
    out Can anybody advise:confounded:

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    You have to use a drift and push the distance tube/spacer between them out the way and knock them out from opposite sides :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    DarkMan has answered your question straight away Walter55. I have done it that way all my biking life and all bikes. Just use the Drift to knock the centre distance piece to one side and then tap the bearings until they drop out. Care is needed with real knackered bearings or badly rusted ones if you use to much wellie you can knock the outer race of and leave the inner stuck and that's a different kettle of fish. If you can move the distance piece enough to get the inner and outer race together then it rocking but I doubt you can so make sure you clean it well around the bearings as to aid removal.
    Ride Free
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Walter55

Walter55 New Member

Feb 4, 2019
    east of england
    Thanks for the advice Joe and the Darkman ,Got the bearings out as
    suggested , now the black stuffs off for powder coat TTFN...:relieved:

• Like Like x 2