Rear light not working

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by steve lovatt, Jan 16, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Just changed the headlamp on my T100 for one that actually gives light - bought the clear lens one from squaredeals - what an improvement. However, after replacing the old with the new by doing nothing more than using the existing connectors to the lamp and side or parking light, I have a new, bright headlamp but no parking light, no rear light and no instrument illumination. (brake light and indicators work fine).

Checked the fuses - nos. 8 and 10, both 5 amp, as these lights are on this circuit but they seem fine - will get replacements and spares today anyway. Checked again this morning and I now have instrument illumination but no parking or rear light.

The Rat forum threads suggest that it may be a fault with the ignition switch, which can be carefully dismantled and checked for loose connections. Have always used my alarm key fob in the ignition, but recently bought a Triumph key fob and started using this and the old key. Apparently the use of heavy key fobs can cause problems with the switch, so the headlamp change may be just a coincidence.

Will update as I discover more - but any other ideas welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Doubt yer need me to mention dodgy connectors/wiring Steve, would seem to be common denominator, but yeh please keep us T100 owners updated :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Ok, sorted it now. Just put in two new 5amp fuses (Nos. 8 and 10) and everything works fine.

• Like Like x 1