Rear footpeg fitting bracket

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Bensley, May 24, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bensley

Bensley New Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Kitzbühel
    Hi guys, I'm looking at putting some standard triumph pillion footpegs on my 2003 Bonneville. I have the footpegs themselves but I'm missing the fitting bracket.

I've never actually had one so I'm not 100% sure of its specifications and hence finding a pair has been tough and I don't have the original to compare to.

I know it holds the footpeg via a spring in the up (not in use) position, then a square bracket screws into the frame through the rear silencer mount and does up with a bolt on the wheel side of the frame.

Does anyone have a pair not in use that I could buy? Perhaps you've taken yours off and don't need them anymore?

Or does anyone know where I can buy them from?

Cheers folks, hope you're spending more time on your bikes than on this forum!

2. mixifix

mixifix Active Member

May 7, 2013
    mansfield
    Have you looked on world of triumph site

3. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
  4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
  5. Bensley

Bensley New Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Kitzbühel
    World of Triumph was fantastic, new original parts from Triumph for about £50 for both sides. Perhaps a little steep but there is no way the MoT import tester guy is gonna find any problems with the footpegs! I ordered an original exhaust too but unfortunately was sent the wrong one, stamped in the side is NOT LEGAL FOR ROAD USE. But they are a Triumph original part apparently. Anyway, soon this saga will be fixed and my bike will be back on the road!

Thanks for the help!