Rear end tidied up + USA V&H pipes + led's + heated grips

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Klunk, Jul 15, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Klunk

Klunk Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Crewe
    I do reckon the pipes with the baffles out sound much better, they are still not v loud but good enough for me they sound good. Didn't attach the long arm on the tail tidy which I reckon looked neater. image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Klunk

Klunk Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Crewe
    The switch on the heated grips is v subtle and it talks to the dash so you can choose hi low or off, I get crap circulation in my hands so these really help. image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Abcght100

Abcght100 Active Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Norfolk
    Very very very nice, I think I'll start writing to santa now.

4. ChrisT70

ChrisT70 Active Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Sheffield
    Illegal or not I'm having a small plate at the rear to go with the tail tidy. No stupidly illegal just slightly

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    Hi Klunk. Is the tail tidy you've fitted from Triumph? If so, how did you shorten it?

6. Klunk

Klunk Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Crewe
    Hi Wassers, it's the genuine Triumph tail tidy, I ordered it with the bike at purchase and they agreed to fit it within the cost. So I had the first service and the dealer fitted the parts (staffs triumph) I think it was the first they had fitted but in any event the technician called me and said that the kit had this extension arm but as far as he could see it would work without and would likely look better although clearly technically maybe not to the strict rules so he couldn't do it unless that's what I wanted ..... I if course yeah don't fit it. They also ripped the baffles out of the V&H for me and then tuned the bike to match. So not me on this occasion just a brilliant dealer, don't know if they're all like that but staffs are and they're also the biggest in the EU Andy

7. Klunk

Klunk Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Crewe
    Hi I would prefer a smaller plate as well but be aware the Triumph tail tidy kit pisitions the number plate light at the bottom of the plate pointing up.... Why it's because it's stupid, they should incorporate the no plate light into the bottom of the brake but they don't. So if you change the plate a solution for the light will be needed, i didn't realise when purchased and am now wondering how to sort I will say the wiring appears to be v simple so maybe able to mod.

8. Klunk

Klunk Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Crewe
  9. Klunk

Klunk Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Crewe
    Dozers Dad - I reckon you're right and I may do it, I will post my efforts if I do

• Like Like x 1
  10. jeznewsome

jeznewsome Active Member

Jun 29, 2016
    Preston, UK
    After the ridiculous yellow reflectors on the forks, the massive round reflector was the next victim on my bike. Until the bike is due for an MoT it'll continue not to sport a reflector and then it'll be a token effort put on for the test, probably on the original plastic plate, as the bike now wears a pressed alu plate (still in legal colours). I have never been pulled for a lack of reflector on a bike

• Like Like x 1
  11. jeznewsome

jeznewsome Active Member

Jun 29, 2016
    Preston, UK
    That 'black' tape is good stuff Madam put it on her BMW top box and it is not really visible in daylight but, as you say, reflects well with a headlight on it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. drinky

drinky Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Newbury
    I'd be careful with the tape, all lights on the rear of a vehicle/motorcycle/pushbike should be red. The mini reflector is perfectly adaquate. I know this as I got pulled by the feds at stupid o'clock one night for having a green cylume hanging off the back of my pushbike on a 24 hour charity bike ride.